- He doesn't remember; either due to trauma or Palutena induced it out of compassion.
- Maybe Pit was the god of love, their version of Cupid.
- I've thought the same thing, but he has a dark side/version (probably evil) in the multiplayer at least, so he can't be the last of his kind unless he and "Dark Pit" are considered to be the same person. Also, it's possible the Centurions are supposed to be angels, just in this universe they only have wings if high ranked or something.
- Maybe not the last of his kind but if the only other angel left is a copy of Pit, it doesn't bode well for the angel gene pool even if males can somehow produce non clone offspring. It is called Angel Land though, at one point the Underworld, Overworld and Skyworld could have all been populated by angels. Maybe there was a greater cataclysm in the past, that allowed humans, gods and monsters to slowly start taking their places before the Medusa incident finished them off for good.
- But what about the angel feathers Pit can find? They imply that at least part of the angels don't decompose, so there should be enough genetic material around to truly revive the angel species once someone gets some cloning technology that is both reliable and affordable.
- Might be disproved. In the NES game's good ending what appear to be little Putti angels with halos hover over Pit and Palutena. Then again, maybe not, since Pit is never shown to be as grown in sequels as he is in that ending and those little angels haven't been seen since.
Look at the Komaytos. In the first game, they look just like Metroids but don't act like them; in Of Myth And Monsters they look less like Metroids, only having one tooth and one internal nuclei. Now in Uprising, they are Metroids in everything but name; this is because over the three games they were adjusting to a new planet, and as they are the least developed in the Game Boy game it has to be the first chronologically.
This is also why Medusa was able to conquer Angel Land. Palutena was still recovering from her encounter with evil king Orcos, and Pit fell into the underworld after the sun burnt his wings; he had in fact been there long before Medusa came out and her leading the underworld troops against overworld and skyworld is what let Pit escape, as they otherwise would be too busy guarding Pit, preventing him from getting a weapon. Uprising is the first true sequel and is going to show us that Medusa will not be able to get nearly as far when both Palutena and Pit are at full strength.
- Given the fact that the characters remember the first game, this seems unlikely.