- Actor-Shared Background: The show takes place in Chicago which is Kel Mitchell's actual hometown (Kenan Thompson is from Atlanta).
- Acting for Two: In "Present Tense", Kenan and Kel also played Roger's great-aunts.
- The Danza: Kenan and Kel themselves.
- Descended Creator: Director Kim Fields Freeman, best known for her role as Tootie on The Facts of Life, played Kenan's substitute teacher in two episodes. In her first episode, at the end, she got her own curtain call and bouquet of flowers from Kenan and Kel.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes / Missing Episode: While the series has finally gotten DVD releases on Amazon, they are "Best Of Seasons" sets and are missing a total of six episodes between them.
- Season 1 is missing the following three episodes: In the Line of Kenan, Baggin' Saggin' Kel, and Safe & Sorry. Baggin' Saggin Kel utilizes the LL Cool J song, Mama Said Knock You Out, so the episode's omission is most likely a result of music licensing issues, as it was also skipped on The '90s Are All That, Amazon Instant Video and Vudu. The reasons for In the Line of Kenan and Safe & Sorry being omitted are more of a mystery, because those two episodes did at least air on TeenNick.
- Season 2 is unaffected. Every episode of the season was included in the set.
- Season 3 is missing the following episodes: The Chicago Witch Trials, Freezer Burned, and Who Loves Who-ooh?. In each case it appears to be related to guest star royalties (Linda Cardellini, Dr. Joyce Brothers, and Tamia respectively), as well as more music licensing issues with Tamias music. The Chicago Witch Trials and Freezer Burned aired on TeenNick, but not Who Loves Who-ooh?.
- Season 4 seems to also be unaffected, with every episode included.
- Every episode is available online, but the DVD sets and downloads are the only legal means to get the show.
Trivia / Kenan & Kel