Must Be Tuesday is a Table Top RPG designed by the guys at Contraption Studios.
Each week, players are thrust into the world of High School. However, not only do they have to worry about passing their Math Test or finding a date for the prom, they must also go face a monster that is looking to destroy/enslave the earth for power/funsies. To make matters worse, players themselves are also monsters, and while that monstrous half is their means of protection from the supernatural,it can also become their downfall, as straying too far into the supernatural makes it hard to perform mundane tasks, possibly turning players into the very thing they try to fight...
If you haven't noticed by now, it's pretty much Buffy the Vampire Slayer the RPG.
The game can be got here.
This tabletop-game provides examples of:
- Blood Magic: Some of the more advanced spells require a sacrifice of some sort.
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday: While some humans must be pretty scared of all the crazy stuff going on around them, to the players and other monsters, its just another day.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: All characters in the game (excluding minor npcs) have a character slider. The red side represents a character being rooted in the mundane world, while the blue side shows that a character has been dabbling in the supernatural. Going too far in either direction is not fun.
- Fantasy Kitchen Sink: See Monster Mash below.
- Go Through Me: In combat, character's can throw themselves in the way of attacks directed at allies.
- Horror Doesn't Settle for Simple Tuesday: Yes it does.
- Monster Mash: With Zombies, Merpeople, Robots, Aliens, Immortals, and Feys, it can be a real smash.
- Ritual Magic: More magically inclined characters may find that spells are boring without a proper build up.
- Urban Fantasy: The game can take place at any time. Southern Californian High School in the 90s? Cool. Inner City Philadelphia in the present day? Go nuts. A fancy place in the 18th Century? Why not?
- Weirdness Magnet: The players, the students, and their school is pretty much entirely this.
- World of Weirdness: It doesn't have to be, but something has to explain that Zombie fraternity downtown.