- Danielle Ward on The Now Show:"If the tuition fees had been in place twenty years ago, the Middletons wouldn't have been able to afford finding out what university William was going to and getting Kate to spend every waking moment training to become his perfect woman. I'm not bitter, I don't care. I don't even fancy him."
- Like you, Zalgon 26 McGee is a homo sapiens who finds the eating of human beings repugnant. He owns a haberdashery selling a wide variety of human clothing, and even if you don't want to buy any human clothing, he invites you to visit one of his many changing rooms. You will not be cooked.
- John Finnemore's Souvenir Programme had a sketch where Finnemore's character uses this to drive the woman he has a crush on away from her boyfriend. "Yeah, Ed's a great guy. And not violent at all!"
- In the Rory Bremner's One Question Quiz episode "Who Runs Britain?", "Lorraine Kelly" goes to Chipping Norton to see if the people there really are as influential as everyone thinks. The first person she meets is one Xi Jinping.Lorraine Kelly: Isn't that the same name as the President of China?Xi Jinping: Yes, it is. But I am not him.
- In the Gloomsbury episode "Ever Decreasing Literary Circles", Venus Traduces lets slip to Gosling that Lady Hattersley's Plover is based on their own affair, and Gosling is understandably worried that if the rumour has spread as far as D. H. Lollipop, his wife might hear of it. So Venus asks Mrs Gosling if she's heard such a rumour (she hasn't), and assures her that if she does it's completely untrue. When Mrs Gosling seems unconvinced, Venus continues, explaining that if she had had an affair with Gosling, she'd know about his distinctive birthmark, and she doesn't.
- Bleak Expectations: Frequently, often when someone's in a Paper-Thin Disguise.
- While working at a freak show, Ripely insists she does filing and accounts. Nothing sordid or demeaning or awful. She's in fact speaking cockney for money.
- At the end of series 4, Pip Bin discovers Harry Biscuit is God. After everything goes back to normal, he makes an innocuous comment, and Harry responds "I don't know what you mean. I'm certainly not the Creator, if that's what you're implying."
- Captain Clampvulture isn't planning on eating anyone. He's only punching Pip and Harry as a sign of joviality, not to tenderise them. And he's only covering them in salt and pepper to make them seasoned explorers, honest! There's definitely nothing suspicious about his rapidly dwindling crew at all.
Suspiciously Specific Denial / Radio