Afterlife is a British mystery drama series broadcast by ITV from 24 September 2005 to 11 November 2006. Set in Bristol, it follows university lecturer Robert Bridge (Andrew Lincoln), who becomes involved in a series of strange events surrounding medium Alison Mundy (Lesley Sharp). Think of it as being Britain's answer to Medium.
This series provides examples of the following tropes:
- Bath Suicide: One character slits her wrists in the bath after Allison claims to see her dead mother behind her.
- Bittersweet Ending: In the series finale, Robert dies of cancer, but Alison is finally able to reconcile with her father.
- British Brevity: Lasted 14 episodes over the course of two seasons.
- Cold Opening: One episode featured a variation where the perpetrator was a skeptic demonstrating how cold reading works. He is, of course, correct - except that he's now got an actual psychic in his circle.
- Fan Disservice: The sex scene in "Mirrorball". Natalia Tena is a very attractive woman with a fine figure, and the scene is a nice, erotic moment out of context. Not so much in context.