Andrew Lincoln (born Andrew James Clutterbuck on September 14, 1973 in London, England) is an English actor.
He first became known for playing the role of Egg in the BBC drama This Life, followed by other roles such as Simon in the Channel 4 sitcom Teachers and Mark in the British Romantic Comedy Love Actually. His voice is familiar in the UK as he provides voice-overs for both television and radio advertising, as well as narration for documentaries. He is now best-known for his portrayal of the character Rick Grimes in the AMC television series The Walking Dead.
- Drop the Dead Donkey (1994): Terry (episode: "Births and Deaths")
- This Life (1996-1997): Edgar "Ed" Cook
- Teachers (2001-2003): Simon Casey
- Wuthering Heights (2009): Edgar Linton (2 episodes)
- Strike Back (2010): Hugo Collinson (6 episodes)
- The Walking Dead (2010-2018): Rick Grimes
- Fear the Walking Dead (2018) (episode: "What's Your Story?")
- Robot Chicken (2018): Rick Grimes (episode: "The Robot Chicken Walking Dead Special: Look Who's Walking")
- Enforced Method Acting: His brother is a teacher and Andrew went to school with him for a few weeks to research his part in Teachers.
- Shakespearian Actors: He studied at RADA and has worked with both the London's National Youth Theatre and the Royal Nationale Theatre, where he performed both Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet.
- Star-Making Role: As Rick Grimes. That being said, he received nominations, particularly the Empire Award for best newcomer, for his role as Mark in Love Actually.