The Southern USA ISOT Mapgame (formerly the Tennessee ISOT Game) is one of the many play-by-post mapgames hosted on AlternateHistory.com's "Shared Worlds" forum, that differs from most such games in its restricted scope: Rather than using Mass Teleportation primarily to bring entire countries to a virgin Earth, The players bring in all manner of individual towns, heroes, villains, artifacts, and topological features from all sorts of works and time periods to (as per the name) one of the States of the southern USA. Turns last one in-game week, and each turn the current player brings in a handful of new "entities" as well as describing how the already-present entities deal with both the newcomers and ongoing conflicts.
While at first everyone is just busy trying to survive in a Tennessee state devoid of human life, as more groups and towns arrive in the state alliances of both good and evil begin to form, and heroes and villains of all stripes prepare for a fight to the death to defend their new land... or to conquer it.
After 1 year of action in Tennessee, a new round of the game begins in a virgin Mississippi instead. But the events on Tennessee are not to be forgotten, for after another year the barrier between the two states will fall, and the alliances of both will get to meet and come to an agreement... or blows, who knows?
The story continues in the "Combined States arc", which showcases the various ISO Ts and events of Tennessee and Mississippi together after the barrier comes down. Soon, it spreads to include the rest of the [[Deep South]] in the game with its sequel which called New England Madness which is about events in the New England Region.
The game is currently in the 'California Dreaming' era which chronicles what is happening in the California and other states in the Western USA region.
The game can be found here for those who have an account on AH.com (not at all hard to get).
Also needs an account on AH.com to view those two threads, so have fun!
The Southern USA Isot game contains examples of:
- Anachronism Stew: Occurs with entities coming from a vast number or eras, one extreme example being Bedrock and Orbit City
- Big Bad: Black Hat has proven to be this for Tennessee. Dan Kuroto also has shown themselves to be this for the Wasteland Arc.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: With 52 weeks per round at 3 or 4 entities each (and some entities being groups of multiple people) the character list gets very long very fast.
- Mega Crossover: Very much so, as with most Isot games.
- Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny: Listing all the people participating in the Final Battle for Tennessee would be nigh impossible, but when you have Mickey Mouse with a Keyblade, Mario, the Sailor Senshi, Sonic, Genghis Khan, Spiderman, Queen Elsa, and loads more fighting against a force that includes Black Hat, Ganondorf, Mr. Burns, and loads more including damn near EVERY famous Creepypasta monster, you know you are going to have a wild time.
- Theme Music Power-Up: Endless Starlight (the Star Guardians' theme song). It plays during the girls' final showdown with Black Hat.
- Break the Cutie: There's a few examples including Anime!Mario who lost his only brother and close friend, got his nose cut off by Sephiroth and failed to save his Creepypasta version of himself that could had been a close ally to him.