Camp Fuck You Die is one of the oldest games that began on Livejournal and moved to Dreamwidth, running from 2005 to 2016. Somewhat infamous for its application system, where new characters are voted in by the players (anonymously). Usually referred to as CFUD, for obvious reasons.
Characters are attending a summer camp which "unusual" doesn't even begin to describe.
Camp Fuck You Die contains examples of:
- Audience Participation: Unique among DWRPs in that people are encouraged to comment as themselves to the characters.
- Author Appeal: Even more than most games. Love a certain meme? Have a fanfic idea you know is too stupid to write? Got a song stuck in your head? Want to celebrate the Superbowl? Camp can make make anything work.
- Bad Moon Rising: Just before camp's first anniversary, that creepy moon appeared in camp's sky, complete with ominous countdown. Instead of crushing everyone, it only got... weirder. Has occasionally been invoked again since, including recent plot events with a side of extra creepy.
- Darker and Edgier: The players (and mods) have been stepping up the "horror" in "survival horror" since October '09. Notable since it's actually a comedy game.
- Genius Loci: No one's entirely sure whether or not Camp is intelligent. Everyone agrees, however, that it has a rather juvenile sense of humor.
- He Who Must Not Be Seen: Loudspeaker, Softspeaker, and Noobspeaker (all The Voice, obviously). Loudspeaker did have a reveal, but he's still always represented with loudspeaker icons—and even now that we know his name, everyone keeps calling him Loudspeaker.
- Kissing Under the Influence: Throughout December and usually July, camp is filled with mistletoe that forces any two people beneath it to kiss whether they like it or not.
- Misplaced Wildlife: Gorillas and toucans in a Midwestern farmland. Then again, the gorillas are also purple and the toucans are psychic.
- Naked People Are Funny: May 16 is Mandatory Naked Day. As usual, camp doesn't kid around when it says "mandatory".
- No Fourth Wall: Non-players are encouraged to bug the characters as "audience". Some characters are also aware of their status as fictional.
- Strangled by the Red String: In-Universe; love goo causes characters to instantly fall madly in love.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: Unlike most games, CFUD forbids sex. This does not prevent characters from coupling up, getting really frustrated, and sometimes trying anyway in the heat of passion. Since camp's punishment is instantaneous, Hilarity Ensues.