Release: September 8, 2008
Countdown: The Top 11 Saddest Nostalgic Moments
- Every Disney movie ever made.
- The death of Spock from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- The funeral from My Girl
- The death of Charlotte from Charlotte's Web
- The drowning and death of Artax from The Never Ending Story
- Snoopy's going away party from Snoopy, Come Home
- The ending to What's Opera, Doc?
- The entirety of An American Tail.
- The death of Littlefoot's mother from The Land Before Time
- "I'm So Blue" from Follow That Bird
- "Saying Goodbye" from The Muppets Take Manhattan
This countdown contains examples of:
- Boom Head Shot: Nostalgia Critic at the end of the review.
- Downer Ending: Critic gets shot in the head as he signs off.
- Killed Mid-Sentence: Critic gets shot as he says his signoff phrase, followed by the spring song from Bambi.
- Mood Whiplash: Critic criticizes the scene transition in Bambi for going from the death of Bambi's mother to a happy springtime song and proceeds to play other sad Disney scenes and have this play afterward.
- Critic questions why a horse would be depressed and sink in the swamp and proceeds to dub over Artax with a Mr. Ed impression.
- Single Tear: Critic breaks down when he sees Big Bird shed a tear in his song.
How did we survive our childhoods?