The Magic School Bus Getting Energized
At the local carnival, the class is running a Ferris Wheel for charity. They realize that Carlos forgot to plug in the Wheel, however, and when he tries, the cable shorts out. With the crowds demanding refunds on their tickets, the class enlists Carlos's brother Mikey to find an alternative energy source.
- Anything but That!: The class's initial reaction to Carlos calling Mikey for assistance.
- Bad "Bad Acting": Carlos does an Arnold Schwarzenegger impression, complete with "I'll be back".
- Big Damn Heroes: The bus and Ms. Frizzle save Ralphie when the catapult launches him over the cliff.
- Butt-Monkey: Again, Carlos, as he attempts to entertain the crowd, given their Lame Pun Reactions and Produce Pelting.
- Crazy Enough to Work: Mikey seeing the rock's gravity making the Ferris Wheel turn says that it should work.
- Crazy-Prepared: Mikey has an inflatable raft hidden in his wheelchair for emergencies, which comes in handy when the wind-powered conveyor belt dumps the rocks and the class into the river.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Not only does the class create an assembly line to move the Ferris Wheel with rocks, but the ride becomes crowded as more people line up to ride.
- Failed a Spot Check: Carlos forgot to plug in the Ferris Wheel before the fair's electricity was turned on. When he does, the current shorts out the cable.
- Handicapped Badass: Mikey, as shown when he rescues the class from river rapids.
- No OSHA Compliance: Parodied when Arnold points out that having rocks go down the Ferris Wheel is potentially dangerous. Mikey then suggests having the rocks go in one car, and people ride in the other.
- Noodle Incident: Mikey apparently messed up a campout with marshmallows, which gave DA a rash for two weeks. She blushes when he says he's glad her rash is gone.
- Produce Pelting: The increasingly-impatient crowd throws food at Carlos.
- Reality Ensues: After the electric cable shorts out, the class tries to manually run the Ferris Wheel. As they quickly realize, it's too heavy and that it would take "a day" for them to make a full turn.
- Too Dumb to Live: Yeah, Ralphie; the catapult jammed, and it has enough potential energy to throw a rock over a mountain - Get on top of it to unjam it. You're lucky to be alive! This is literally something Wile E. Coyote was known for doing! That's how bad of an idea that was!