The A-Team is called in when a gang of mobsters begin taking over the gas stations in Green Tree Valley. The Team become partners in the gas station business and begin messing with the attackers. The story behind the attacks reveals a secret and leads to the team taking on most of the gangsters in that part of the States.
This episode contains examples of the following tropes:
- All Webbed Up: The team ties one of Marlini's men from head to toe and leaves him on the doorstep to tell Marlini that the team attacked the truck and stole all of Marlini's furniture.
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick: Face and Murdock trail McMahon back to his home base, where they find gangster Sonny Marlini. Face describes Marlini to Hannibal as tanned, healthy, and homicidal.
- Clothing Damage: To impersonate a gangster and infiltrate a meeting, the team kidnap him and send Murdock in with his clothes. The gangster escapes and blows Murdock's cover in the middle of the meeting, but stops people from shooting Murdock immediately so as to not damage his clothes.
- Continuity Nod: Murdock mentions that he won the truck off Wheel of Fortune, a reference to the earlier episode of the same name. Face also remarks on a trip to Hawaii that Murdock won from the same place, and failed to take him on.
- Death Faked for You: Sonny Marlini faked his father's death after he murdered a policeman in front of everybody.
- Disguised in Drag: Murdock disguises himself as a cleaning lady to get into the Blue Moon motel and spy on Marlini.
- The Ditz: Gas station attendant Kelvin is a little slow.
- The Dog Was the Mastermind: It turns out that the mastermind behind the gas station attacks was Sonny's "gardener" — actually his father, Sam, an infamous and presumed-dead mobster.
- Masquerading As the Unseen: Tony Balloons, one of the gangsters, is sick with the flu and is sending a replacement, Carlos Mendoza. The interesting thing is that nobody knows Mendoza, so the A-Team slips Murdock in.
- Minor Crime Reveals Major Plot: The A-Team discovers that McMahon, who is threatening the gas station owners, is connected to Sonny Marlini, a famous gangster. Hannibal remarks that this doesn't seem to make sense. It turns out the attacks were masterminded by Sonny's father Sam, who was supposed to have been dead. He was getting bored while waiting to divide up his estate. Therefore, a series of takeover jobs on gas stations exposes much of the underworld in that part of the U.S. to the A-Team.
- Punk in the Trunk: Hannibal forces two of the gangsters into the trunk of a car and shuts it.
- Retired Monster: Sonny's father Sam Marlini, who faked his death and retired from organized crime, and is now in the process of inviting all the mobsters in the region to divide up his criminal empire. Subverted in that he's only partially retired; apparently he got bored clipping roses all day, and decided it would be fun to go bully a bunch of gas station owners.
- Shame If Something Happened: Until the A-Team arrives, the locals won't stand up to McMahon because he's threatening to kill their families if they resist.
- Watch the Paint Job: Murdock still has the truck he won off Wheel of Fortune and he is very protective of it. He is unhappy when it gets scratched during the course of the episode. This eventually backfires on him when he refuses to let Kelvin bring it down after he and B.A. have fixed it up; he doesn't do it properly and the truck tumbles to the ground.