Casey catches Angel, a young girl he knows from the neighborhood, going through an initiation to join the Purple Dragons. Casey, who promised Angel's grandmother that he'd keep her out of trouble, fears that she's going down the wrong path and tries to stop her from joining the gang with the help of the Turtles.
First appearance of Angel
This episode provides examples of:
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Lampshaded when Leo complains that wearing clothes (as a disguise) is cumbersome, and he can't understand how humans wear them all the time.Leo: Geez, I can barely move in this stuff! What is the deal with humans and clothes?
- And This Is for...: When Casey prepares to deliver the final blow to Hun during their fight, he says "This one's for my dad."
- Continuity Nod: Raph refers to the previous episode, "apologizing" for escaping from Hun's boat. Hun is quick to retort that the "escape" was just a Trick-and-Follow Ploy.
- Disappeared Dad: Hun brags about burning down Casey's father's store and hinting that he killed him. Casey tells Hun, "at least I had a father".
- Equal-Opportunity Evil: The Purple Dragons are shown to have a few females in their ranks. They also don't seem that bothered about the idea of Angel joining them.
- Fantastically Indifferent: Angel's reaction of seeing four mutant turtles? Calling them off the charts.
- Heel Realization: Seeing Casey getting hurt and locked up by Hun show Angel the error of her ways.
- Insistent Terminology: When Raph's cover is blown, Dragon Face calls him a "kung-fu lizard", in which Raph attempts to correct him.Raph: Turtles! Tur-tles! Don't any of you lame brains know a turtle when you see one?!
- It's All My Fault: Angel blames herself for Casey getting captured by the Purple Dragons.
- Meaningful Echo: When Casey stops Angel after robbing a store and again when she stops him from killing Hun."What are you doing?" "Stopping you from making the biggest mistake of your life."
- Mythology Gag: The Turtles' hideout is revealed to be on the corner of Eastman and Laird, a nod toward the creators of the original comic.
- Narrator: Casey's first one.
- Shout-Out: One of Mikey's descriptions of Raph's disguise is Stormtrooper.
- Single Tear: Casey, when Mikey tells him he has "a present" and gives him his bat.
- "You!" Exclamation: Hun says one upon meeting Raph again from the previous episode.