Next: Supernatural S 10 E 02 Reichenbach
Written by Jeremy Carver.
Directed by Robert Singer.
Air Date: October 7, 2014.
Sam searches for his brother, who's run off with Crowley and disappeared. On the way he runs into a mysterious vigilante named Cole, who's also searching for Dean.
Crowley tries to convince Dean to work with him in creating "the perfect Hell".
Hannah enlists Castiel's help in finding two runaway angels and bringing them back under Heaven's rule.
For this episode: 2 demons, 1 angel, and 3 humans.
For the series so far = At least 1110 angels, 1046 humans (of which 8 were witches), 169 demons, 58 vampires, 49 ghosts, 36 Jefferson Starships, 21 gods, 19 zombies, 10 hellhounds, 9 werewolves, 7 skinwalkers, 6 changelings, 6 shapeshifters, 5 djinn, 5 reapers, 4 dogs, 4 ghouls, 4 Leviathan, 2 Amazons, 2 arachnes, 2 kitsunes, 2 rugarus, 2 Thule, 2 vetalas, 1 cat, 1 crocotta, 1 deer, 1 dragon, 1 fairy, 1 familiar, 1 Khan worm, 1 lamia, the Mother of All, 1 okami, 1 phoenix, 1 pishtaco, 1 Purgatory creature, 1 rakshasa, 1 rawhead, 1 shojo, 1 shtriga, 1 siren, 1 Titan, 1 wendigo, 1 whore of Babylon, 1 wicked witch, and 1 wraith.
- The Alcoholic: Dean as a demon seems to be trying to empty the bar's stores of alcohol.
- Anti Climax Cut: What evil things is Daemon Dean up to? Singing karoake. Badly.
- Bait-and-Switch: In the torture scene we're meant to think Dar is talking to Daemon Dean; a Reveal Shot shows it's actually Sam.
- Big Brother Instinct: Seems to have disappeared from Dean, who doesn't even seem to care when he's told that Sam's going to die. Sam's still got it in spades towards Dean, however.
- Continuity Nod:
- Crowley says that he was wondering if Sam hit another dog, referencing the flashbacks in "We Need To Talk About Kevin" (S08, E01) of how Sam met Amelia the year he didn't search for Dean.
- Crowley and Dean call each other "jerk" and "bitch" like Sam and Dean did in early seasons.
- This is the second time now Sam broke his arm.
- Dreadful Musician: Whatever Dean is now, his karaoke performances show that he hasn't improved as a singer.
- Entertainingly Wrong: Dar has heard that a Winchester has gone over to the demon side. She thinks it's Sam. (Maybe the fact that he's torturing her has something to do with it.)
- Incurable Cough of Death: Castiel appears to be developing one due to his fading Grace.
- Kick the Dog: Dean calling his latest fling a skank.
- Manipulative Bastard: Crowley sends assassins after Demon Dean so he can keep up with his murder rate, and allows Sam to trace his phone call when it appears Dean is too comfortable where he is.
- Mundanger: Cole is just a man but successfully captures Sam.
- Poke the Poodle: Crowley wants to get back to work. Daemon Dean is just interested in boozing, singing and brawling.
- Shout-Out: Crowley's still calling Dean "Squirrel".
- Stealth Pun: The episode "Black" is the one where a character named "Cole" ("coal") is introduced.
- We Can Rule Together: Crowley makes this offer to Dean.
- Written-In Infirmity: Sam's arm is in a sling, probably because his actor hurt his arm/shoulder at a convention right before shooting started.
- You Look Familiar:
- Raquel Riskin, who plays the demon Dar, played Amber Greer in "I Believe the Children Are Our Future" (S05, E06).
- Emily Fonda, who plays Anne Marie, played Make-Up Girl #1 in "The French Mistake" (S06, E15).
- You're Just Jealous: Crowley's response to Sam's anger over Dean becoming a demon. After all, Sam's been a demon, so it's no big deal. He's just angry that his brother has hooked up with Crowley.