Airdate: Wednesday, May 3, 2006
Sender: Matt M. WA
It's time for the King of Town's Very Own Quite Popular Cartoon Show! Or not.
We join Strong Bad answering an email from Matt M. of "the Walrus Association" ("I will pay my dues when you send me my tusks!") asking if he had a senior prom in high school. Strong Bad announces he hasn't but he has crashed his fair share of "senior proms, Senor proms, homecoming dances, shortcoming prances, and off-site team-building pottery classes". He then regales the viewers with his personal favorite, the time he crashed the "Entrapment All Up On the Moon" Dance when his date had to cancel at the last minute, even leaving a message on his "answering machine".
Strong Bad decides his only other course of action is to simply crash the party with "you two losers" (Strong Mad and The Cheat).
That night at the dance, all the cute couples are dancing to the tunes of "All the King's Men" (the Poopsmith, the Blacksmith, the Hornblower, and the Knight)... and by "all the cute couples", we mean Homestar and Marzipan.
Marzipan: Homestar, as always, we're the only couple at the prom.
Homestar: But what about Strong Sad and Deborah?
Marzipan: That is unmistakably Coach Z.
Strong Sad catches Coach Z trying to spike the punch with Listerine, which the Coach claims is out of concern for the kids' hygiene ("Have ya ever talked to one of these kids up close!? Their breaths is terbirle!") Suddenly, the lights go out.
Homestar: Yeah, David!
The lights come back up, and Strong Bad announces his "mastardly plan" to ruin the dance — he's got a device that will make everyone's pants "poof away". Unfortunately, he only realizes the problem with his plan after pushing the button: he's the only one at the prom actually wearing pants, leaving him in a pair of boxers covered in lipstick marks.
With that out of the way, it's time to announce the Prom King and Queen. Homestar is accepting the title of Prom King... for Pom Pom, who's "at a much cooler private school prom", while the title of Prom Queen goes to... Strong Bad with No Pants On!
Marzipan: Every freakin' year...
After an "Oh yeah!" from a mysterious voice that may or may not be the Poopsmith, we cut back to the Lappy.
- Blatant Lies:
- Strong Bad feels the need to contrive an excuse to crash the Entrapment All Up On The Moon dance by fabricating a message from his "girlfriend" Delilelia, saying she has to go to Mars to fix "that robot that got stuck in the sand". Strong Mad and The Cheat are not amused. Furthermore, Strong Bad's "answering machine" is a clock radio with a piece of paper reading "an answering machine (trust me)" taped to it.
- Also, an easter egg has Homestar claim his "long pants" got poofed away at the dance.Pom Pom: (bubbles)
Homestar: Well, maybe I will keep telling myself that!
- Call-Back: The moon from "Mr. Shmallow" shows up as a decoration at the prom.
- Crack Defeat: Despite being "the only girl", Marzipan loses the title of Prom Queen to "Strong Bad with no pants on", and her response implies this isn't the first time.Marzipan: Every freakin' year...
- Didn't Think This Through: Strong Bad forgets to take into account that he's the sole person in the cast that actually wears pants, leaving him as the only one affected by the pants-removing device.
- Fake-Out Opening: The email opens with a title card for "The King of Town's Very Own Quite Popular Cartoon Show" (complete with the King of Town shouting "Let the King have some!"), only for an announcer to interrupt with "The King of Town's Very Own Popular Cartoon Show will not be seen this week. Instead we bring you: Strong Bad's Very Popular Cartoon Show, already in progress."
- Girlfriend in Canada: Strong Bad's alleged girlfriend "Delilelia" can't go to the prom with him because she's going to Mars.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: As he activates his pants-removing device, Strong Bad realizes too late he's the only person at the dance actually wearing pants.
- I'm Standing Right Here: They don't say it out loud, but Strong Mad and The Cheat's expressions clearly do the talking for them when Strong Bad refers to them as "you two losers".
- The Nudifier: Strong Bad has a device designed to make everyone's pants "poof away".
- Shout-Out: The "Entrapment All Up On The Moon" Dance may refer to the "Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" from Back to the Future.
- Someone's Touching My Butt: Both Marizpan and Homestar tell someone to "watch those hands" when the lights abruptly go out.