Ren and Stimpy are Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen, thousands of years ago, in 1856; after demands from Stimpy, the two are sent out into the tundras, jungles, forests and deserts of Canada to colonize it.
Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen contains examples of...
- Big "SHUT UP!": One of the yaks screams this when Stimpy keeps singing the anthem. He can still hear it even after Stimpy stopped, which cause him to go crazy.
- Captain Obvious: Stimpy regarding the Kodiak marmoset.Stimpy: Oh my God! He's killing us!
- The Chew Toy: Once again Ren recieves the brunt of the episode's Amusing Injuries.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: The other Yaksmen are left behind with the women. Ren, of course, is jealous.
- The Comically Serious: The bear during the anthem.
- Continuity Cameo: The Crocostimpys from "Untamed World" appear during the RCKY Anthem.
- Dowsing Device: One is used to find a vein of Canada's greatest resource: dirt. It consists of a shovel with some fruit placed on top.
- Eat Dirt, Cheap: When they run out of food, our heroes decide to dig for Canada's greatest natural resource - Dirt.
- Follow the Bouncing Ball: At one point in the RCKY Anthem, with Ren's head as the ball.
- Get a Hold of Yourself, Man!: Ren does this to a yak, who was going crazy because of Stimpy's singing. Afterwards, the yak says, Thanks, I needed that.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Quite literally. At the end of the RCKY Anthem, an intestine is one of the things being thrown in the air. If you look carefully, you can see a stool fall off one end.
- Heroic BSoD: Ren has a short one in the desert.
- Killer Rabbit: The Kodiak marmoset, the world's largest smallest primate.
- Nightmare Face: The yak makes one with a drooling smile.
- Oh Canada: Saying that this episode's portrayal of the Great White North is inaccurate is putting it mildly. Of course, John K. is Canadian himself, so he gets a free pass.
- Our Cryptids Are More Mysterious: Nothing is more mysterious than a tiny mammal beating the snot out of Ren and Stimpy.
- Sound-Effect Bleep: A loud fart noise covers up the "hell" in the RCKY Anthem in the Nickelodeon version (though not the MTV one). It's rather explicitly written and crossed out in the Follow the Bouncing Ball portion of the segment.