- Ate His Gun: Donnie is the unfortunate victim of Jesse as he shows him his power by having him put the gun in his mouth, only to let him go.
- Did I Just Say That Out Loud?: When commanded to tell Jesse a secret, Cassidy admits he likes Justin Bieber, much to his dismay.
- Exact Words: Jesse commands Cassidy to "sing me some Johnny Cash."Cassidy: ♫ Me some Johnny Cash! ♫
- Humiliation Conga: Donnie's gone through this since getting his arm broken by Jesse. Not only do the kids make fun of him because of the noise he made, but even his own boss casually dismisses him. It gets to a head when he confronts Jesse.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Just like in the last episode, Linus forgets all about the girl he had been lusting about, reacting to her like he just met her for the first time.
- Lonely Funeral: The only people around for Ted's funeral at the end of the episode are Jesse and Emily.
- Man in White: Dany gives the map she got from Tulip to one. Based on his look, he might be, or be based on, Herr Starr.
- Mythology Gag: Jesse sports his comic counterpart's mullet during the flashback to his criminal past.
- Oh, Crap!: Cassidy seeing that the two men he had just run over look just like the two men he killed last episode.
- There's also Donnie's reaction to his body following Jesse's orders.
- Pet the Dog: Donnie clarifies to his son that any pain he inflicted on his mother was purely consensual, indicating that while he's a sadistic bastard, Donnie doesn't want his son to think lowly of him.
- Rage Breaking Point: Tulip flips out when Jesse reveals he's reconsidered going to take revenge on Carlos and to "leave him to God."
- The Reveal: Fiore and DeBlanc are agents from Heaven who don't want Jesse to use the Word of God for anything.
Recap / Preacher S 1 E 3 The Possibilities