Season 1, Episode 1
- Chainsaw Good: Fiore and DeBlanc bring one out when they're about to cut up Jesse after their first attempt to coax Genesis out of him fails.
- Double Entendre: After getting baptized, Tulip scolds Jesse for declining her offer after getting her wet.
- Entertainingly Wrong: Cassidy thinks Fiore and DeBlanc are after him.
- Eureka Moment: Jesse realizes something's up when he made Linus forget about the girl he was lusting about. The last shot of the episode has him going to a comatose girl and telling her to open her eyes.
- Gargle Blaster: The drink that Cassidy made. Jesse takes one swig and he's passed out on the floor all night.
- I Am What I Am: Eugene still feels guilty about his attempted suicide despite having been baptized. He confesses to Jesse that no matter he tried, he will always remain the same. Upon hearing this, Jesse also appears to come to realize this.
- Ironic Nursery Tune: The mother sings the traditional Brahm's Lullaby lyrics, "Morgen früh, wenn Gott will, wirst du wieder geweckt." This translates to "Tomorrow morning, if God wills, you will wake once again." While she seems to be comforting her ill daughter, it also emphasizes how close the child is to death.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Jesse uses this on Linus after baptizing him in a steaming hot bathtub of water, telling him to forget his interest in a little girl.
- Non Sequitur, *Thud*: "I like 'The Big Lebowski.'" *thud!*
- Noodle Implements: Apparently, the "correct" way to remove Genesis from a person's body involves a coffee can, an out of tune crank organ, and a folk song in minor.
- Oh, Crap!: Jesse freaks out when he discovers the Word of God while accidentally using it on Linus.
- Pædo Hunt: Linus, the school bus driver, confesses to Jesse that he's been lusting after a little girl while clearly feeling no remorse about the situation whatsoever. Jesse is not pleased.
- The Teaser: The episode opens with a mother singing a lullaby to her ill daughter.
- Tranquil Fury: Jesse briefly goes deaf with anger as he listens to Linus confess his pedophillic interest in a young girl.
- Wham Shot: DeBlanc and Fiore appearing alive and well while being interrogated by Sheriff Root...after having been killed and dismembered, and buried by Cassidy.
- You Have Got to Be Kidding Me!: Jesse's reaction when realizes Tulip had led him into a trap.Jesse (exasperated): Christ's sake!