Airdate: November 12, 2018
Strong Bad provides his usual scathing commentary on some fan Halloween costumes, including a few that are both impressive and discomforting, a few that look like crime scene photos, one that inspires new discoveries about The Cheat's baffling physiology, and a long string of them that are good enough to avoid Strong Bad's snappy comebacks.
- Bizarre Alien Biology: Strong Bad is disturbed by one lady in a The Cheat costume that makes it look like she skinned The Cheat alive, but it turns out The Cheat is able to molt, which Strong Bad finds even more unnerving.Strong Bad: WAAAUGH! That is so much worse than if you were actually skinned alive!
- Brick Joke: Strong Bad's "Impressive, Disturbing, and Makes Me Uncomfortable" song gets a reprise in response to a Coach Z costume.
- Continuity Nod:
- The first costume shows Marshie in his vampire costume from "Malloween Commercial".
- One Homestar costume inspires Homestar to pose and go "Hustle for sports!", in reference to "Coach Z's 110%".
- Strong Bad busts out his "public radio" voice from "radio" for one costume.
- One costume is actually an elaborate reconstruction of the Proud Anselmo from the Strong Bad Email "space program".
- Lampshaded the Obscure Reference: Strong Bad notes one of the costumes in the montage of good costumes is "an obscure reference" to concept art from the Museum of Coach Z as Doug Mckenzie.
- Never Say That Again: Strong Bad asks Marshie to never use the phrase "poomp back" ever again.
- Parody Commercial: A Homestar costume with a particularly boxy, angular head inspires a riff on pick-up truck commercials advertising the 2018 "Truckhead Homestar".
- Sarcasm Failure: Near the end of the video, Strong Bad finds nearly half a minute's worth of costumes he feels are good enough they don't deserve any put-downs.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: When Strong Bad is gushing about the picture reenacting "space program".Strong Bad: This is no costume! You guys started your own SBEmail Reenactment Society!
Strong Sad: (nervously) Which is something I've never done!
- Take That!: Larry Palaroncini apparently regards Twister as one of the low points of Cary Elwes' career.
- Take That, Audience!: Strong Bad riffs on some of the lower-quailty costumes, but this is briefly subverted when Strong Bad comes across a whole string of costumes that are actually pretty high-quality.
- Tempting Fate: Strong Bad admits he feels guilty seeing fans make up costumes that show more effort than went into the source material... then he sees a an absolutely dreadful Strong Bad costume and goes "Oh wait, never mind!"
- That Reminds Me of a Song: Strong Bad randomly bursts into a song inspired by an oversized Homsar costume and a lady dressed as Modestly Hot HomsarStrong Bad: This is impressive, disturbing, and makes me uncomfortable!
This is impressive, disturbing, and makes me uncomfortable!
Impressive, disturbing, and makes me uncomfortable
Oh, that's the way that we dress up as Homsar
For the Halloween
- You Monster!: Strong Bad calls one fan "You inhuman monster!" when he briefly thinks she skinned The Cheat for her costume.