Directed by Bryan Spicer
Season 4, Episode 1
Aloha Ke Kahi I Ke KahiAfter McGarrett and Wo Fat narrowly escape from maximum security, gunmen storm Five-0 headquarters, compromising Kono and Adam's secret location and forcing McGarrett to break protocol in order to rescue a kidnapped Catherine.
- Blatant Lies: After the hostage situation clears, Max tells the team that he wasn't worried at all, Danny tells him he knows he's lying.
- Car Cushion: While trying to escape by helicopter, Steve manages to knock El Condor off the helicopter and he lands onto a car.
- Delivery Guy Infiltration: One of the NLM mooks dresses as a pizza delivery guy to enter the Palace.
- Drives Like Crazy: Steve drives on the wrong side of the road.
- Every Car Is a Pinto: The NLM blow up Danny's Camaro.
- Firing in the Air a Lot: Steve does this to jack the SWAT van carrying the thugs from Grover.
- I Have Your Wife: El Condor calls Steve to let him know that he is holding Catherine hostage and will exchange her for the imprisoned NLM members.
- I Surrender, Suckers: The terrorists willingly surrender themselves to Five-0, who arrest them promptly. Only for Steve to have to break them out of custody (see I Have Your Wife above).
- Janitor Impersonation Infiltration: How the NLM infiltrated the Palace. Some of them donned blue "Oahu Power and Water" jumpsuits.
- Rescue Introduction: Played with. We meet Lou Grover for the first time, Captain of the HPD SWAT responding to the hostage situation at the palace. Five-0 manage to arrest the terrorists and deliver them to Grover.
- You Don't Want to Know: Responding to Steve's inquiries regarding his parents' death, Wo Fat says this trope verbatim.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: After Five-0 give Ricardo Cosi to the NLM, the Bad Boss executes him.