- Anguished Declaration of Love: When it appears the flight is doomed, one priest declares his love for another priest.
- Artistic License Physics: For some reason, the plane doesn't immediately depressurise when Father Jack opens one of the emergency doors to parachute out. There is also no mention of Father Ted being exposed to a slipstream when he has to make repairs on the wing while the plane is still thousands of feet in the air.
- Chekhov's Gun: The tape dispenser Dougal bought at the shrine is used to fix the fuel line.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Instead of writing why he should get a parachute, one priest draws a picture of himself naked with a dog. He didn't hear Ted's instructions but even so, one wonders what he was thinking.
- Creator Cameo: Graham Linehan as Father Gallagher.
- Delayed Reaction: The shock of hanging onto the undercarriage of a passenger jet mid-flight takes a little while to hit Ted.Ted: AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH! WHAT AM I DOING ON THE FECKING WHEEL?!
- Inelegant Blubbering: Jack is reduced to this when he crashes into a tree following his escape from the plane and the drinks trolley dangles from a branch just inches out of reach.
- Just Plane Wrong: A lot!
- The plane is a BAe 146 viewed from the outside, but the interior is of a much larger wide-body aircraft. Of course, the interior of a BAe 146 isn't nearly big enough for a soundstage.
- Who keeps parachutes on passenger aircraft? You can't evacuate a plane in mid-air.
- The doors on a passenger plane cannot possibly open in mid-air like they did in this episode, they aren't designed to do that. There is no way that Jack could have gotten out with the drinks tray then. This also means the scene where Ted climbs on the outside of the plane in mid-air is implausible.
- Large Ham: 'DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNK!''
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: With the plane about to crash, Jack promptly swipes the only two parachutes on board (one for himself, one for the drinks trolley) and promptly escapes.
- Shout-Out: Ted says he feels "fearless, like Jeff Bridges in that movie". Ted says that might be bad reference but the movie in question is real and indeed called Fearless.
- The Unintelligible: Father Fay's speech leaves everyone stunned - despite it being absolute gibberish.
Recap / Father Ted S 2 E 10 Flight Into Terror