Father Jack has a severe case of 'the hairy hands' and is sent to a priest's care home for what could be forever. Ted and Dougal are pleased with him gone until his replacement Father Stack arrives who is somehow even worse.
- Body Horror: Played for Laughs with Jack's hairy hands.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Ted theorises that even Hitler wouldn't play jungle music at three in the morning.
- Failed a Spot Check: Dougal took Jack out for a walk without realising Jack hadn't even been in his wheelchair the whole time.
- Fish out of Water: The well-spoken priest at St Clabbert's.
- From Bad to Worse: The raging, filthy, violent, foul-mouthed Father Jack is replaced by someone who is, somehow, even worse.
- I Remember It Like It Was Yesterday: Dougal says this about Jack being around, before Ted points out that that's because it was yesterday.
- Noodle Incident: 'D`you remember the time his head went septic?'
- Oh, Crap!: Dr Sinnot when he sees his hotline phone to Craggy Island Parochial House flashing. Also Jack when he's told he has to go to St Clabbert's.
- Pet the Dog: As horrid as Father Stack is to the priests, he responds to Mrs Doyle offering tea with a polite shake of the head.
- Running Gag: Discussion of Father Shortall that began in Entertaining Father Stone in series 1.
- Seinfeldian Conversation: The priests launch into a conversation about various priests including two Father Windy Shepherd Hendersons, a priest who can no longer wiggle their ears and a priest who looked dead but wasn't.
- Too Much Information: Dougal and Ted forestall Mrs Doyle discussing her previous 'women's problem'.