Otto and some of Rye's belongings, including his belt buckle, are buried at the Gerhardt farm. Lou and Ben arrive after the funeral and take Floyd to the station for questioning. She eventually accepts a deal that absolves her family members for all crimes previously committed in exchange for information about the inner workings of their drug operation.
Elsewhere, Bear drives Simone to a secluded wooded area where he shoots her for betraying the family. Lou asks Weathers to stay with Betsy and to keep an eye on her and Molly (Raven Stewart). Betsy claims to have received placebo pills for her treatments, and wants Weathers to look after her family after she is gone. Betsy goes to her father's house to feed the cat and discovers his office filled with strange drawings and symbols.
Meanwhile, Headquarters calls Milligan saying he has run out of time to take care of things. An "Undertaker" is being sent to take over. When he arrives, Milligan kills him and his two accomplices instantly, intending to blame the murders on the Gerhardts. Suddenly, Ed makes a call from a telephone booth to Milligan, stating that he has Dodd hostage in his trunk.
- Absentee Actor: Kirsten Dunst is credited alongside the other leads despite not appearing in this episode outside of the Previously On segment.
- Action Mom: Betsy doesn't hesitate to grab her shotgun the moment she thinks someone has broken into her house. Thank God she doesn't have to use it.
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: About 75% of Simone's last words were "please."
- The Alcoholic: Karl once again demonstrates his status as this over the course of a simple breakfast. Betsy makes it one of her dying requests that he stop drinking.Betsy: It'll kill you.
- Ambiguous Situation: Bear leads Simone into the woods and returns without her, but he's not shown pulling the trigger at any point. It's not till the end of the season that we learn her fate.
- Arc Words: Simone utters some familiar words the last time we see her when she's bargaining for her life with her uncle. An experienced viewer may recall Tham coming from the Villain Protagonist of the previous season.Simone: Im the victim, here.
- Armor-Piercing Slap: Floyd gives Simone one of these when she talks disrespectfully about her father.
- Deadpan Snarker: When Lou asks Bear about the whereabouts of his brother.Bear: Found Jesus. Joined a monastery.Lou: I just bet.
- Deep Cover Agent: Discussed between Hank and Floyd, where Floyd claims Ed Blumquist could be one of these despite Hank's familiarity with him.
- Excited Episode Title!: Due to it taking the form of a question and accusatory answer.
- Flat "What": Bear gives one of these to Ricky G after he tells him that "there is no more Dodd."Ricky G: Kinda cold, dont you think?Bear: What?Bear: Nothing. Family business, not my place.
- Greed: Lou points out to Mike that Kansas City's conflict with the Gerhardts is driven by this and that it needs to stop.
- Groin Attack: Simone gives one of these to Ben Schmidt in the elevator while he escorts her down.
- Killed Offscreen: In addition to Otto's death from the last episode being confirmed (with the Death Montage at the beginning of the finale showing he was shot multiple times in the head due to being unable to take cover), Simone is also implied to have died at the hands of her uncle. This isn't confirmed until the finale.
- Politically Incorrect Villain: Hamish Broker tells Mike that the only reason he let him assist Bulo in the Gerhardt conflict is because Bulo vouched for Mike, stating that he's not like "the other darkies."
- Previously On : Begins with an "Erstwhile on Fargo" segment due to the Wham Episode nature of "Rhinoceros."
- Running Gag: The man on the phone who claims to know where Dodd is being continuously ignored is referenced throughout the episode. This becomes more comical in the next episode, when it's revealed to be Ed, who becomes more and more exasperated with each failed attempt at reaching the Gerhardts.
- Villain Episode: The main focus of this episode is on both the Gerhardts and Mike.
- Wham Line: Bear drops one of these when Simone tries using family as a bargaining chip for her life.Bear: None of us are family anymore.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Lou gives one of these to Ben Schmidt when he makes it obvious how little he wants to investigate the incident with Hanzee in Sioux Falls.Lou: Youre a shit cop, you know?