Hogatha the evil witch attempts to infiltrate the Smurfs again to destroy them, this time appearing as a beautiful brunette female Smurf that is designed to lure the male Smurfs away from Smurfette. However, Hogatha goes a little too far with Empath and has him framed for a crime that he did not commit.
This story provides the following examples of:
- Comically Missing the Point: This bit of flirtatious banter between Wonderette and Handy.Wonderette: Don't mind my presence, I'm just here to take in the scenery, and I already like what I'm seeing.Handy: Uh, you do? I didn't know you were so interested in the architecture of the Smurf Village.Wonderette: That isn't what I meant, darling, but don't be offended.
- Deus ex Machina: During the court case between Empath and Hogatha as Wonderette, Empath was declared guilty of sexual assault unto Wonderette due to the lack of evidence supporting Empath's claim that Wonderette had raped him and was ready to be sentenced to banishment and complete loss of use of his abilities when the mysterious Attorney Smurf appears, has Wonderette confess her true identity and what she did, has Wonderette change back to her true self as Hogatha while blocking her magical ability, and then teleports her out of the village, leaving Papa Smurf with no choice but to declare the court case a mistrial and Empath innocent of all charges against him. Lampshaded by Empath himself when he says that instead of him winning the case, Attorney Smurf just came out of nowhere and won the case for him. Justified, as it turns out that Attorney Smurf was actually sent by God to defend Empath on the behalf of Tapper.
- Double Standard: Rape, Female on Male: Hogatha as a female Smurf named Wonderette takes Empath out on a moonlight walk where they go to a private place and just kiss, but Empath realizes that Wonderette wants to have sex with him and refuses to go along with it. Wonderette uses her magic powers to strip Empath of his clothes and have him lie naked and spread-eagled on the ground so that she cound mount him and rape him. Later, to cover her tracks, Wonderette has Empath accused of raping her instead so that Empath would be vilified. This was played for drama.
- Freudian Slip: Greedy to Hogatha as the female Smurf Wonderette.Greedy: So what can I do you for today? I mean, what can I do for you today?
- I'll Be in My Bunk: Handy, Carpenter, and Mason get turned on by Hogatha appearing before them as a beautiful female Smurf named Wonderette. In fact, they're so turned on by her that Handy says, "If anyone needs me, I'm going to be in the Imaginarium," and afterward Carpenter and Mason both say, "We're smurfing turns after him!"
- Insubstantial Ingredients: For Hogatha's transformation spell: 1 teaspoon chopped tail of snake, a pinch of chopped feathers of toad, a pot of deadly nightshade tickled on a moonless night when owls are hooting, 1 teaspoon ground leg of pigeon, a bucket of teeth pinched during an eclipse, and 2 teaspoon ground stomach of newt.
- Line-of-Sight Name: When Hogatha as a female Smurf first appears unto Clumsy, he says, "By the way, I wonder what I should call you. Do you have a name?" Hogatha replies, "Wonder? Ah, yes, that's what you shall call me. Wonderette Smurfette."
- MadonnaWhore Complex: Smurfette is basically the Madonna to Hogatha as Wonderette being the Whore who makes moves on almost every male adult Smurf (even Papa Smurf).
- Truth Serum: Attorney Smurf's piercing unshielded gaze into Wonderette's eyes act as this, causing her to reveal her true identity to the Smurfs at the court trial between her and Empath Smurf.
- The Vamp: Hogatha as the female Smurf Wonderette, who used magic and mental manipulation to physically rape Empath and then have him vilified by accusing him as the one who raped her.
- You're Just Jealous: Smurfette gets this from Papa Smurf when she tells him about Wonderette stealing all the attention of the other Smurfs from her.