Semi-Perfect Cell: (finishes powering up) Now, do you understand, Vegeta?
Vegeta: What I understand is, I'm going to pound you so hard, the boy's mother is going to be jealous.
Future Trunks: OH, CAN WE NOT?!
Original Airdate: September 16, 2015
While Goku and Gohan are beginning their training in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, Vegeta is beating on Semi-Perfect Cell.
Bitch, these tropes are adorable:
- Actually Pretty Funny: At one point, Vegeta hits Cell so hard, his ass begins talking in Imperfect Cell's voice. When Vegeta notices this and asks if Cell is talking out of his ass, Cell quips that he does, after all, have Vegeta's DNA in him. The Saiyan then laughs and admits the jibe is the most damage Cell has done to him since the fight started.
- Backhanded Compliment / Stealth Insult: Vegeta tells Cell that Trunks is almost as strong as he is, attributing it to Trunks having more of Vegeta's DNA (50%) in him than Cell has of Vegeta. He then goes on to say that Trunks gets the rest of it from Bulma, which is why his hair makes him look like a walking fruit.
- Blatant Lies: When Vegeta catches Cell's tail when he attempts to absorb Vegeta, he asks if Cell was going to drink him. Cell nervously replies "No," only for his tail to shake violently in confirmation, at which point Cell resignedly replies "Yes." Vegeta then hits Cell in the gut in order to teach him what honesty feels like.
- Call-Back: Cell complains in a whiny voice about how he wants to be Perfect the exact way Vegeta did when he became a Super Saiyan for the first time.
- Discriminate and Switch: Vegeta makes fun of Trunks and says he "looks like a fruit". Then after continues by saying "And I don't mean like a homosexual, I mean like a literal walking fruit!". Fridge Brilliance and a meta example to his line, since Trunks' voice actor is homosexual.
- Exact Words: Cell wants to know how Vegeta managed to become so strong. Vegeta replies that he "trained all day yesterday."Cell: Oh, you think you're being cute?
Vegeta: Bitch, I'm adorable.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: The entire episode is just Vegeta wailing on Semi-Perfect Cell.
- No-Sell: The two times Cell is able to land a hit on Vegeta, it doesn't even phase him. This really shows how different in power Vegeta is compared to Cell.
- Oh, Crap!: Trunks at the end of the episode, when Cell begins appealing to Vegeta's Blood Knight tendencies in order to allow him to find Android 18 and absorb her.
- Person as Verb: After knocking Cell into the water and not noticing him coming up, Vegeta complains that "he's pulling a Bald One on me and hiding his energy."
- Pride Before a Fall: Vegeta really could've finished Semi-Perfect Cell. But right at the end, Semi-Perfect begins to play to Vegeta's pride in order to get his Perfect form.
- This Is for Emphasis, Bitch!: Vegeta saying "Bitch, I'm adorable" to Semi-Perfect Cell.
- Villainous Breakdown: Cell just gets frustrated over the power gap between him and Vegeta, to the point where he yells in a whiny voice that he just wants to become perfect.