Phoebe has a premonition where an earthquake ruins Dex's art show. Leo gets hit on by a flirtatious neighbor. Paige starts training Billie. Piper applies for a job, but a background check reveals that the appearance she chose matches Maya Holmes, a fugitive wanted for murder. Piper is arrested, and while Paige and Billie look for the real Maya, Piper learns she was framed.
Dex is planning an art show. Phoebe gets a premonition from him, of the two of them at the art show when an earthquake begins.
Piper interviews for a job. The interview seems to go well, but the interviewer sends "Jenny Bennet's" picture for a routine background check. Afterwards, the sisters are eating lunch when police surround them, and arrest Piper for murder; they think she's Maya Holmes, a fugitive. The sisters realize that Piper must have seen her new face somewhere, and Phoebe and Paige decide to check magazines around the house and newspaper archives. Paige finds Maya's picture in a magazine. She scries and finds the real Maya.
Piper meets with the prosecutor, Walter Nance. He turns out to be a former lover of Maya's, and a controlling and obsessive man. She had left him for a photographer, who turned up dead two weeks later.
Paige and Billie orb into a motel room where Maya is staying. Paige orbs a lamp to Maya's head and knock her out. Paige orbs Piper out of jail and orbs Maya into the cell in her place. Piper, however, tells the others that Maya is innocent.
Phoebe meets Dex at his studio. She tries to stash Dex's art, when she feels the first tremors.
On account of "Maya's" defiant attitude, Walter thinks she has proof against him. He bails Maya out of jail and brings her to his high-rise apartment. He demands to know what she has on him. Piper and Paige orb in. Walter pushes Maya off a balcony, but Paige and Piper orb down the apartment just in time, freeze Maya and then orb a mattress under her.
Billie suggests scaring Walter into confession. Taking inspiration from Barbas, they play on Walter's fear of getting older. Billie substitutes for Walter's manicurist and mentions his age, angering him. He sees his hands rapidly wrinkle and then sees "Maya" (really Piper). He sees himself in the mirror aging rapidly. He turns and sees three more Mayas (Phoebe, Paige and Billie). Piper, still looking like Maya, pushes him off the balcony. Paige orbs Piper and she freezes Walter just above the ground and unfreezes his head so he can confess with Piper recording his confession.
Phoebe meets Dex at his art show; he has moved all his sculptures back where they were. A moment later, the earthquake happens. They are embracing when it stops.
- Chekhov's Classroom: Billie is repeatedly told to focus on studying instead of chanting spells or anything else pro-active. It's through her reading that she learns about Charlene and Barbas.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Piper's alias had been used in the previous two episodes, played by the same actress.
- Continuity Nod: Two in particular to the season 2 episode Ex Libris:
- Billie's idea of dealing with Nance is in part based on how Prue made Gibbs confess with the help of Charlene.
- The scene where Piper freezes Carl about to punch Leo, asks him for an explanation, then tells him to get back in position mirrors the one where she freezes Dan and Leo in that episode, except here the scene is played purely for comedy and Leo receives the hit instead of avoiding it.
- Billie also suggests emulating Barbas's method of fear manipulation to unhinge Nance.
- Cutting the Knot: Billie suggests simply vanquishing Nance to fix this problem. The sisters tell her to get back to studying.
- The Dandy: Nance is obsessed with staying young, and murdered Maya's boyfriend because he was younger than him.
- Deus Exit Machina: Downplayed. Darryl's no longer in town, so the sisters have no Friend on the Force to turn to when this legal mess erupts.
- Fanservice: The episode gets Leo into a vest when a toddler spills ice cream on his shirt.
- He Knows Too Much: Nance wants to murder Maya when he thinks she can prove what he's done.
- Latino Is Brown: Subverted. Maya is implied to be Latina (and is a fluent Spanish speaker) despite having blonde hair.
- Put on a Bus: Darryl is said to have relocated to the East Coast.
- Stock Footage: The background footage used when Maya and later Nance fall down is reused from Dream Sorcerer, but without the red filter.
- The Unfair Sex: Eve's wife Carl angrily comes round to punch Leo out - when Eve was the one who hit on him. Paige is also not willing to give Leo the benefit of the doubt; Piper's even content to let Leo get punched out.
- Wasn't That Fun?: Billie's reaction to accidentally blowing something up in the attic.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Nance's greatest fear is getting older. Billie's plan is to exploit that.