The sisters still struggle to adjust to their new lives, especially Paige, who still receives calls from her new charge Billie. Piper finds it difficult to ignore innocents in trouble, Phoebe seeks out Dex and Paige wants to become a cop. Still sceptical about the Charmed Ones being dead, Haas works with a female demon, Black Heart, to lure them out by kidnapping teenagers and erasing their memories, but it's Billie who comes after them instead.
The Charmed Ones are still in hiding and the demon Haas suspects that they are alive. He and another demon, Black Heart, are luring teenagers into an Alice-in-Wonderland world, to try to lure the sisters out. The missing teenagers are later found blankly babbling lines related to the fairy tale, which according to several scenes, has been reported on the news. Billie gets word of the disappearances and prepares to go after the demons.
Paige gets pulled over for running a stop sign. The policewoman gets word of one of the missing teenagers found and Paige is spared getting a ticket. After a brief conversation with the policewoman, she decides she wants to become a cop herself.
Black Heart lures a young man, Alastair, into an alley. He steps near a hole and is drawn into it. He finds himself trapped in a dark tunnel and surrounded by Black Heart and Haas. Billie arrives, but the demon has got away.
Paige goes to the police department, but the recruitment officer is skeptical, thinking Paige does not have the stamina to do the job. She flips him over and now he's convinced. However, in her first day at the academy, she hears Billie's "jingle" and leaves.
Billie is fighting with Black Heart and Paige orbs in. Black Heart escapes and Billie blames Paige. They fight, but are evenly matched. Paige knocks off Billie's black wig and Billie leaves. Paige then finds an innocent whom Black Heart had been after. Haas suspects Paige is the one who chased Black Heart away.
Paige scries using Billie's wig. She orbs to Billie's room and talks to her. Paige wants to know what Billie knows about the disappearances. Billie says she is self-taught and tells Paige about the Alice-like names, and about how she scries for demons using a GPS unit and a computer.
The newspaper hires "Julie Bennet" to replace Phoebe, not knowing that she is in fact Phoebe. Phoebe's latest beau, Dex Lawson, had suggested it.
Billie enters the tunnel, but Haas and Black Heart catch her and send her into the Alice-in-Wonderland world. She hears voices and sees bizarre and frightening images all around her. She finds herself in a courtroom and Haas and Black Heart menace her — but then Black Heart catches fire and explodes. Haas now knows the Charmed Ones are alive, but the sisters throw potions and vanquish him.
Billie joins forces with the Charmed Ones, offering to fight some of the demons in return for training.
Paige has changed her mind about being a cop, but has connected with a cop she met in the academy.
- Big Damn Heroes: The sisters take out Black Heart, saving Billie from the Wonderland illusions.
- He Knows Too Much:
- Haas has to be vanquished simply as a matter of protecting innocents, but Phoebe acknowledges this trope.Haas: I knew you were alive.
Phoebe: Too bad you won't be around long enough to tell anybody.
- After Billie reveals she knows they're the Charmed Ones, Piper suggests blowing her up, too.Piper: What? Do you have any better ideas?
- Haas has to be vanquished simply as a matter of protecting innocents, but Phoebe acknowledges this trope.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: Paige tells Billie to "lose the cheap, vinyl outfit."
- Ironic Description Cut: After the sisters hash out what's going on, Phoebe wonders if Billie will figure it out, too, and walk into danger. Paige openly doubts that, saying Billie treats this all as a game. We then see Billie walking around the tunnel.
- Properly Paranoid: Paige suspects Haas and Black Heart are really baiting the sisters, with innocents just stumbling into the danger.
- Resigned to the Call: Piper acknowledges they can't just ignore what's happening, saying knowing innocents are in danger is a lot different than just the hypothetical idea.
- Smarter Than You Look: Billie is smart enough to have figured out how to scry with a computer and to get to the tunnel. Phoebe is admittedly impressed; Paige just thinks Billie's smarts are getting her in over her head.
- Underestimating Badassery: Haas cops to this before he's vanquished.
- Wrong Genre Savvy:
- During the climax, Haas is absolutely certain that Billie is one of the Charmed Ones in a glamour disguise. The idea of some random witch stumbling onto his gambit just never occurred to him.
- Conversely, Piper wonders if Billie is actually part of what Haas and Black Heart are doing, that that's how she knows so much about the situation and that she somehow planted all of the signs.