Agent Keyes from Homeland Security reveals the truth about the Charmed Ones to Sheridan. Zankou takes over the Manor with the intention to harness the power of the Nexus. The Charmed Ones decide to do everything they can to distract Zankou from the Nexus long enough to take the Book of Shadows back.
- And the Adventure Continues: The intent if this had been the final episode. The sisters say they're free to live their normal lives and train Wyatt and Chris to one day take up the fight.
- Cross-Referenced Titles: With the pilot episode, contributing to the whole Series Fauxnale vibe.
- Disney Death: Both Leo and Darryl are briefly fooled by the apparent death of the Charmed Sisters, but both of them know better by the time they leave the scene of the battle.
- Enemy Mine: In a last ditch effort to get an advantage against Zankou, the sisters try to ally with a Vampire Queen, being desperate enough to offer her and her coven immunity (the Charmed Ones won't bother them afterward, no matter what they do). Unfortunately, Zankou got to her first, and offered a sweeter deal.
- Faking the Dead: The sisters fake being killed along with Zankou in order to finally get away from demon battling.
- Killed Off for Real: Zankou and Inspector Sheridan.
- Near-Villain Victory: Zankou claims the power of the Nexus. If not for the sisters reclaiming the Book of Shadows and finding the spell, it would've been over.
- No MacGuffin, No Winner: The Charmed Ones follow the advice from Elder Sandra to destroy the Nexus.
- Parting Words Regret: Averted. When giving Victor the boys and all important legal materials, Piper and Phoebe let him know they might not be coming back from this one. Piper also says goodbye to Wyatt and Chris and that she loves them.
- The Power of Friendship: Darryl is ready to head out with Sheila and the kids when Leo arrives asking for his help in keeping the authorities away from the manor while the sisters face Zankou. Darryl feels obligated to help the sisters because of friendship and loyalty.
- Reality Ensues: Sheridan's first scene with Agent Keyes highlights why the sisters have attracted so much legal attention lately: connected to a lot of dead bodies for seven years, including Andy and Prue.
- Series Fauxnale: While the final version of the script was made with the knowledge that the series would have a season 8, this episode does provide some closure to the story and features a lot of continuity nods that wouldn't be out of place in a proper series finale.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Darryl is devastated by the sisters' apparent deaths. Then he sees three women and a man leaving the scene and realizes who they really are.
- Underestimating Badassery:Zankou: [claiming the Nexus] You can't stop me now.
Piper: Watch us.