Once again, the demon world has arisen and begun to threaten humanity. The angels Milk and Cocoa descend to the Earth to present the Ring Rod to Eri Misaki, the next schoolgirl to defend the world as Magical Girl Pretty Bell.
That was the plan, anyway.
Things go a bit wrong when the rod instead chooses her next door neighbor, Tamara Atsushi, a massive 35-year-old bodybuilder and weight trainer. Why has the rod chosen two users? How will demons used to fighting little girls deal with an incredibly buff adult man that just got his hands on magical powers as well? And will anyone survive seeing him in a Sailor Fuku?
This manga includes examples of:
- Blood Knight: "Mad Dog" Sakura isn't interested in advancing the demons' agenda. He just wants to fight strong opponents.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Atsushi keeps making friends/fans out of the demons he fights.
- Genre Savvy:
- When Dutch demands Milk and Cocoa hand over the rod, the ultimatum is very specifically phrased:Dutch: Pass me the Ring Rod and I will guarantee your lives. Any resistance, escape attempt, ambiguous reply, attempt to negotiate, or silence exceeding the time limit will all be considered hostilities and we will kill you where you stand.
- When Meyer is pleading for his life and hurriedly concocting a sob story, Eri repeatedly has her Pegasus stomp on him with admonitions about lying. When he gets away with a promise of good behavior and immediately starts muttering about taking a city hostage, Milk and Cocoa turn out to have been listening in with their radar sense. They swoop right in with Mocha and put him to death.
- When Dutch demands Milk and Cocoa hand over the rod, the ultimatum is very specifically phrased:
- More Teeth than the Osmond Family: Meyer looks like a normal human until he opens his mouth to reveal several rows of shark teeth.
- My Significance Sense Is Tingling: Milk and Cocoa are nicknamed "Twin Radars" since one of their primary abilities is sensing approaching demons to alert Pretty Bell.
- Panty Shot: Played for Laughs and Fan Disservice, they're of Atsushi's when he's transformed. He smirks at the camera in a manner that suggests he knows full well the reader is being trolled.
- Pegasus: It's a common summoned animal for the various Pretty Bells due to its all-around usefulness. Eri summons a terrifyingly powerful one with Glowing Eyes of Doom.
- Readings Are Off the Scale: When Eri finally gets a chance to use the rod, she is flooded with so much power that Milk and Cocoa can't even get a good read on her. She promptly wipes the floor with an entire demon army.
- Summon Magic: One of the primary abilities of Pretty Bell is summoning spirit creatures to fight for her.
- Transformation Sequence: Atsushi has a naked transformation sequence and becomes clothed in a Sailor Fuku.