Tina tries her best to be an assistant to Jimmy Jr. for his magic act. But when he tires of Tina's meddling and dumps her in favor of Tammy, Tina plots revenge. Meanwhile, Bob earns the wrath of an arrogant magician, whose sleight of hand inspires Louise to try and teach herself pick-pocketing.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All: Jimmy Jr. gets defensive when Tina tries to help him improve his magic act, even though it's obvious his act isn't very good and is mostly an excuse to showcase his dance moves.
- Neoclassical Punk Zydeco Rockabilly: Tina sabotages Jimmy Jr. by replacing his dance music with "Polyrhythmic Synth Jazz" in 9/8 time, which Jimmy Jr. describes as "dance kryponite".
- Noodle Implements: Louise points out that one of the revenge plans in Tina's book would require "eight weeks, twenty-five rabbits and a fireman's hose."
- Out-Gambitted: Bob tries to get even with Mars Sazerac, one of the magicians, for relentlessly pranking him by tearing his page out of Sazerac's book of "magicians' enemies" and licking the cold cuts in his room. It turns out Sazerac anticipated Bob would try to sabotage his cold cut tray, and farted on the meat in advance.
- Spoof Aesop: After Bob's attempt to get revenge on Mars Sazerac backfires, Linda says "I hope you learned your lesson, Bob, don't lick meat!"
- Un-Evil Laugh: Tina's attempt at an evil laugh makes Louise think she just has something caught in her throat.