After discovering Gramma's licence has long been expired, Cricket and Tilly help her practice for her test so she can get it renewed; Cricket becomes attached to a bear going loose in Big City.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Gramma manages to get over her fear and renew her licence, though under restrictions.
- Face Your Fears: Gramma learns she needs to take her drivers test even if it risks making her feel old and useless if she fails.
- Gasoline Lasts Forever: After years or even decades of disuse, Gramma's car pulls right out of the garage (and into a squad car) without refueling.
- An Aesop: Never bring home wild animals or keep them as pets.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Played with, with the lesser offense occurring in the middle:Cricket: Bears are a menace; they'll terrorize the innocent, rifle through our garbage, and if left unchecked, will eventually destroy this good city!
- Bears Are Bad News: Cricket is terrified of bears, until he actually meets one.
- Bittersweet Ending: Cricket is forced to let the bear go into the sewer, but he still keeps in touch with it.
- Good-Times Montage: Between Cricket and the bear as they have fun throughout Big City.
- One Dose Fits All: Animal control's Tranquillizer Darts non-fatally put down both a man and a pigeon.