Bill takes the family to the mall to get a family photo taken much to their dismay; Remys parents catch him missing his violin lessons to hang with Cricket and Tilly and they must save their friend from being sent to boarding school.
- An Aesop: Its best to see your family happy instead of trying to make them happy yourself.
- Arc Words: Surprise!
- Bottle Episode: Most of the episode takes place at the mall.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Cricket goes ballistic when told he has to put on shoes for the family portrait.
- Imagine Spot: Tilly imagines that the food court is a courtroom where anthropomorphic food put her on trial.
- A Lesson Learned Too Well: Bill (in an attempt to justify tricking the family into having their picture taken) tells Tilly that lying is okay if it's for a "fun surprise". Tilly spends the rest of the episode telling lies to people, punctuating each one with "Surprise!"
- Literal-Minded: Tilly takes the term Food Court too literally and imagines herself in court with various foods.
- Match Cut: After Bill announces theyre getting a picture taken, the view flashes from a shocked Cricket, Gramma and Tilly to them sitting on the bench in the same positions wearing their fancy clothes.
- Absentee Actor: Bill and Gramma dont appear in this episode.
- An Aesop: Dont be afraid to speak up in a crisis.
- All There in the Script: Remy's parents, Rashida and Russel, are not named in the episode itself.
- Given Name Reveal: Remys last name is revealed to be Remington.
- Off to Boarding School: Remys parents tried to do this to him as a result of missing violin lessons on purpose to hang with Cricket and Tilly.
- Rocky Roll Call: When Cricket and Remy reunite:Cricket: Remy, Remy!
(Both hug and laugh)