Bill takes the family to the mall to get a family photo taken much to their dismay; Remys parents catch him missing his violin lessons to hang with Cricket and Tilly and they must save their friend from being sent to boarding school.
- An Aesop: It's best to see your family happy instead of trying to make them happy yourself.
- Arc Words: "Surprise!"
- Bottle Episode: Most of the episode takes place inside the mall, mainly on the second floor where both the photo shop and food court are found.
- Bread, Eggs, Breaded Eggs: This line from Cricket when he believes he's going to the food court:"I'm gonna eat french fries and pizza, then I'm gonna put the french fries on the pizza, then I'm gonna get a hot dog, and then I'll probably throw up."
- Destination Ruse: Bill takes the Green family to the mall to get their photo taken at the family portrait studio by tricking them into thinking that they're going to the food court. When Cricket, Tilly, and Gramma find out the truth, they spend the rest of the episode trying to escape to the food court before Bill can find them and take them back.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Cricket goes ballistic when told he has to put on shoes for the family portrait.
- Hope Spot: The owner of Clothington manages to hide Cricket and Gramma's existence long enough for Bill to start to leave...but then the two celebrate loudly, causing Bill to hear them and catch them.
- Idiot Ball: Cricket and Gramma taking the time to laugh and chat loud enough in the fitting room they hide in while Bill hasn't even left the store yet, allowing him to hear where they are and catch them.
- Imagine Spot: Tilly imagines that the food court is a courtroom where anthropomorphic food put her on trial.
- A Lesson Learned Too Well: Bill (in an attempt to justify tricking the family into having their picture taken) tells Tilly that lying is okay if it's for a "fun surprise". Tilly spends the rest of the episode telling lies to people, punctuating each one with "Surprise!"
- Literal-Minded: Tilly takes the term Food Court too literally and imagines herself in court with various foods.
- Match Cut: After Bill announces theyre getting a picture taken, the view flashes from a shocked Cricket, Gramma and Tilly to them sitting on the bench in the same positions wearing their fancy clothes.
- The train that Tilly hijacks resembles the title character of Thomas the Tank Engine.
- Some of the stores are parodies of real life retailers. The Photorific photo studio is a parody of The Picture People. Clothington Clothes Factory is a parody of Burlington Coat Factory.
- 1-Dimensional Thinking: Given that the train only has one speed, Cricket and Tilly could've just jumped off the train and ran around Bill's space to the food court, or steered it around him.
- Unstoppable Rage: Cricket and Gramma are the most ticked off toward Bill taking them to get a picture taken instead of the food court.
- Wait Here: After Cricket and Gramma escape for the food court, Bill asks Tilly to stay right where she is while he goes and gets them. Naturally, she disobeys.
- What the Hell, Hero?: All of the Greens, especially Cricket, toward Bill for his Destination Ruse.
- Absentee Actor: Bill and Gramma dont appear in this episode.
- An Aesop: Dont be afraid to speak up in a crisis.
- Alliterative Title: The episode title is alliterative.
- All There in the Script: Remy's parents, Rashida and Russel, are not named in the episode itself.
- Art Shift: While chasing Remy's limo back to his mansion, Cricket and Tilly's route is marked by icons of their own faces following it on a 2D Google Maps model.
- Calling the Old Man Out: Just before his parents take him away to boarding school on the family helicopter, Remy finally gains the courage to call them out and reveal how he's not like them and wants to have friends.
- Continuity Nod: Remy blowing off his violin lessons to hang with Cricket was previously brought up upon their first encounter in "Space Chicken", and becomes a main point here.
- Extreme Doormat: Remy is too cowardly to stand up to his parents. Even when they are taking him to the helicopter, he meekly asks if he can't go to boarding school.
- Full-Name Ultimatum: By Rashida when she busts Remy.Rashida: Remy Remington! You're in big trouble, young man!
- Given Name Reveal: Remys last name is revealed to be Remington. Cricket is surprised by this.
- Grew a Spine: Remy gains the courage to stand up to his parents.
- Luminescent Blush: Seen briefly on Cricket when Tilly jokingly sticks her head in the fake tiger's mouth.
- Noodle Incident: Remy claimed he once faked a blood test so he could get out of school.
- Off to Boarding School: Remys parents try to do this to him as a result of missing violin lessons on purpose to hang with Cricket and Tilly.
- Rocky Roll Call: When Cricket and Remy reunite:Cricket: Remy, Remy!
(Both hug and laugh)
- The Scream: Remy does a relatively long one when in Vasquez's security room, which confuses Cricket.
- Three-Point Landing: Cricket does one when he enters Remy's mansion through the window.
- Wingding Eyes: Cricket gets stars in his eyes when entranced by Remy's mansion.
- With a Foot on the Bus: Remy is almost sent to boarding school, but he manages to get his parents to change their mind by calling them out.