As Marcy and the gang hunt for Vamps, an old-school vampire threatens them all.
- Accidental Hero: Crunchy accidentally runs into Hierophant and pushes him into Jake (who's turned into a house), killing him because as an old-school vampire, he can't enter without permission first.
- The Bait: Finn is tied down in the woods as bait to lure Hierophant.
- Buffy Speak: Bubblegum says that "my vampire thing is detecting massive amounts of vampire junk".
- Compressed Hair: Finn's hair has become way longer since the last time we saw it.
- Cowardly Lion: Jake spends most of the episode shaking in fear, and when Hierophant shows up he actually runs and hides in PB's backpack, but after learning Hiero is an old school vampire who won't enter a house uninvited and seeing Marcy get hurt, Jake turns himself into a house and saves everyone.
- Critical Research Failure: In-Universe when Crunchy claims animals can't climb trees. Hierophant immediately proves him wrong by transforming into a tree-climbing animal (a koala).
- Death Glare: Bonnie gives KOO a pretty intense one.
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu?: Peppermint Butler mocks Hierophant when he realizes his house protects him. Hierophant simply ignores him and starts tracking down Marceline and the others. Finn also taunts Hierophant as he is about to bite him, and again while inside Jake.
- Enemy Mine: Hierophant tells Marceline that the Vampire King is too strong for her to defeat on her own and the only way to do it is if they team up. However he only said it to get Marcy off guard and try to kill her.
- Hunting the Most Dangerous Game: The King of Ooo is hunting Crunchy for fun, since hunting is something kings do. Crunchy is clearly not enjoying it, even if the King is using arrows tipped with cotton so as not to kill him.
- I Let You Win: Hierophant says that the only reason Marceline defeated the Vampire King all those years ago was because he allowed himself to be staked so his species could live on through Marcy.
- I Meant to Do That: After Crunchy accidentally kills Hierophant, the King of Ooo claims that it was his plan all along.
- Must Be Invited: Hierophant follows this vampire rule, specifically because he's an "old-fashioned" vampire, which is heavily exploited: Peppermint Butler recognizes him immediately and refuses to let him in, Jake turns himself into a house that everyone hides in, and when Crunchy accidentally pushes him into the Jake House he turns to dust and bones.
- One-Winged Angel: Hierophant turns into a giant amalgam of animal parts when he decides to get serious.
- Power Incontinence: After Marceline absorbs Hierophant's shapeshifting powers, she undergoes a Painful Transformation into random animal parts due to her injury.
- Shaking the Rump: Peppermint Butler while taunting Hierophant.
- Shout-Out: Lumpy Space Princess asks the gang if they've been hunting wabbits.
- Shown Their Work: Hierophant's koala form has two thumbs like a real koala.