Comedian and actor Greg Proops, of Whose Line Is It Anyway? fame, has been putting out an episode of his podcast about once a week since October 2010. It's been recorded at venues in a number of different countries, mainly the USA, and involves a large amount of audience participation. The show also comprises rambling comedic monologues, lefty liberal ranting about the state of the world (what Proops calls the 'boring preachy part'), and a lot of stuff about baseball.
The title is apparently a reference to the podcast's origins as a space for Proops to simply let rip as if he really were right about everything. However, although the content is often highly political and stridently opinionated, he regularly reads out correspondence correcting or challenging his statements.
For some time, occasional episodes were recorded in the style of a film club, with Proops providing background information on a film before screening it for his live audience and discussing it with them afterwards. This is now a separate release all of its own so as not to interrupt the regular podcast schedule.
This podcast contains examples of:
- AcCENT upon the Wrong SylLABle: Often combined with It Is Pronounced "Tro-PAY" for comedic effect, especially when talking about places (Canadia, Californiay etc.).
- Ambiguous Gender: Kittens McTavish, a cardboard cat who acts as a mascot and occasional sarcastic co-host. If you ask, you'll be told to mind your own damn business, in a very squeaky voice.
- Ascended Extra: Jennifer (Greg's wife) would occasionally make comments from the background in earlier episodes and would sometimes co-host, but since late 2018 she's become a permanent co-host with Greg.
- Brief Accent Imitation: About every ten seconds.
- Buffy Speak
- Catchphrase: See the page quote for one of many examples.
- "Could I get another vodka flavoured vodka drink?"
- "One more and then we'll fuck off into this good night."
- "Oh, kittens!"
- Cluster F-Bomb
- Erudite Stoner: If Greg ever does the show sober, he doesn't admit to it.
- Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today?: Greg's catchphrase for addressing his Camp Straight tendencies and frequent man-crushes is "I'm not gay and I make no case for it."
- Mood Whiplash: It's not uncommon to move from childish humour to incredibly depressing current affairs and back again in the blink of an eye.
- The Nicknamer: Greg to audience members, and often to himself. Good thing his surname lends itself to compound words.
- Rambling Old Man Monologue: Parodied and played straight (even though he's not that old).
- Running Gag:
- Scratching out/deleting unnecessary exclamation marks (i.e. pretty much all exclamation marks, as far as Greg's concerned).
- Jeremy Irons.
- Signing-Off Catchphrase: "May every page that you turn be a Satchel Paige, may every bell that rings for you be a Cool Papa Bell. I wish you nothing but love."
- The Snark Knight
- Snarky Non-Human Sidekick: Kittens McTavish. He doesn't 'speak' often, but when he does he tends to backchat Greg in that exaggerated high-pitched cutesy lisp of his.
- Strawman Political: Conservatives.
- Totally Radical: In a highly fuckin' self-aware and affectionately parodic way, dude, y'know what I'm saying? Awesome.