Jason: And I'm Jason Steele. Welcome to Knox Kast Radio.
Knox Kast Radio was an audio podcast hosted by Knox (of Klayworld fame) and Jason Steele (creator of Charlie the Unicorn) running 75 episodes from June '06 to December '09 (though there was a gap of about two years between the release of the penultimate and ultimate episodes).
Each episode featured the main hosts and occasionally a guest or two; such guests included members of Knox's family and friends, Jason's brother and cousin, and Jason's film-school buddies (including frequent guest Matt Books).
It was succeeded by the new podcast Chaos Pony.
This podcast provides examples of:
- The Ace: Jason, most of the time. Occasionally switched to Matt when he was there.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Knox particularly had this going.
- Berserk Button: Matt hates it when people call him "Matt Brooks", since his actual name is "Matt Books". Knox, of course, brings this up whenever he gets the chance. Matt replies by calling him "Brenford" rather then "Benfer", but Knox doesn't seem to care.
- Beware the Nice Ones: They both fight off an army of socks in the Socktopia arc.
- Bizarro Episode: Most of the "in-character full-episode skit" episodes are this, more in the "never mentioned again" aspect.
- Episode 50 involves the guys waking up in a shoe storage facility with a recording device from which they must escape. It is never given any significant mention again.
- Episodes 59-61, the Socktopia Trilogy, involve a sock-based world. It likewise goes unmentioned afterward.
- Episode 17 involves the discovery of an alien craft and the loss of Jason's arm. No mention afterward.
- Episode 10 is mentioned enough afterward to not be this.
- However, each of these is related to the other in a sort of series by a recurring plot element, namely the fact that the Twisty Treat ice cream franchise is evil. It sort of strings together into a big running BLAM Arc that randomly pops up.
- Butt-Monkey: Knox in most episodes, but Jason fills this role when he isn't, such as in episode 40 where the latter was trapped in a submarine in the bottom of the ocean. Actually, it was an Oscar Meyer Weiner mobile in the bottom of a kid's swimming pool, but Jason got facts mixed up due to being down there for so long.
- Catchphrase: "Movie review time!" and "Hello, everyone" for Jason.
- Cats Are Mean: Knox's opinion. Jason advises him to eat the cat. Knox is not pleased.
- Character Alignment: Knox and Jason are both frequently Chaotic Good, but they (especially Knox) have some moments of Chaotic Neutral.
- Character Development: In the first few episodes, Knox and Jason acted pretty much the same, with Knox maybe being a bit saner. As time goes on, they developed into the alternating Red Oni, Blue Oni that fans remember them as.
- Chekhov's Gun: In the first episode of the Socktopia arc, Knox tries to take pictures of the socks using his phone camera, but it gives them seizures. He later uses this as a battle strategy when fighting the socks.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: A lot of guests only appear once or twice, and then never again.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Knox usually, but Jason gets this as well, particularly in the Socktopia arc.
- Establishing Character Moment: Any skits they do where they don't play themselves usually have this for their characters.
- Jerkass: Knox in episode 40. Despite Jason being trapped in the bottom of the ocean and calling him for help, he does nothing but sit around and play Mario Party with his girlfriend.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: In the Socktopia arc.
- Odd Couple: This and most of its derivatives were played with by the guys' natural personalities. Knox was generally less focused on the show (he had a track record of forgetting to have a movie to review for each episode and usually pulled out a quick halfassed review) and more of a goofball, while Jason managed to fill roles on both sides of Knox; he was usually more attentive to the show, but could easily go into a weirdness that left Knox bewildered.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Knox's actual name is Robert Benfer, but pretty much everyone calls him Knox.