Full Throttle is a Physical Pinball Table designed by Dave Sanders and illustrated by Jack Haeger and Ian Richardson. It is the debut pinball game from UK manufacturer Heighway Pinball, released in July 2015.
The player takes the role of an up-and-coming motorcycle racer who must advance through the ranks to become the World Champion. Light one of seven countries, start the race, then make all of the checkpoints to get first place. Between races, take on various Bike Challenges for bigger jackpots, collect Accessories for extra balls, and burn High Octane for a score-boosting frenzy. Watch the 10" LCD screen embedded in the playfield for your current status, but don't get distracted, because reigning champion Francisco Valentino is keeping his eye on you — and he's not giving up his title without a fight...
For the LucasArts computer game, click here.
Full Throttle demonstrates the following tropes:
- Beard of Evil: Francisco has both a long, thin pencil mustache and a narrow beard.
- The Big Race: The various world races, of course.
- The Computer Shall Taunt You: Valentino constantly insults the player throughout the game.
- Damn You, Muscle Memory!: The basic package has the display in the empty space above the flippers, rather than in the back like all other pinball companies' machines. Those playing Full Throttle may instinctively look up at the back before remembering they don't have to glance up that far. This can also be inverted by people who start playing pinball with Full Throttle, expecting the display on other machines to be down by the flippers instead of up at the back.
- The Faceless: The player's character always has his face covered with a motorcycle helmet.
- Good Colors, Evil Colors/Red Oni, Blue Oni: The player is red to Francisco's blue.
- Limited Special Collector's Ultimate Edition: Along with the standard game, a "Limited Edition" is available, with extras such as an autographed alternate translite, a shaker motor, an all-red or red/black cabinet (buyer's choice), and fiber optic lighting. Only 250 Limited Edition tables are made, though Heighway Pinball has plans to sell most of the components separately so "standard" owners can upgrade their tables.
- Real Song Theme Tune: The game's soundtrack is from the British metal group Redline, who compose the music for the television coverage for the annual Isle of Man T.T. motobike races. The game's main theme is "King Of The Mountain" from the album Vice.
- Red Baron: Francisco's nickname is "The Scorpion".
- The Rival: Francisco Valentino.
- Skill Shot: Hold down the left flipper to rev the engine, then launch the ball when the tachometer needle is in the red zone.
- To Be a Master: The player's ultimate goal is to be the World Champion motorcycle racer.