- Pick most any scene where the POV is in battle to start with.
- The sex slave school Robert finds in Pentos. We are spared full details but even after witnessing horrors at war Robert and his men are stunned and appalled by what they find there.
- Robert brutally killing the magister who ran it is this mixed with Crazy Awesome In-Universe.
- Then you think about Lys, which is famous for sex slaves. This establishment was likely very small scale compared to what goes on there.
- The death of Hastron Ordello, Magister of Pentos, is one for the Magisters. Being a literal case of Turned Against Their Masters.
- Victarion's party in the Palace of Order. The author even put it in warnings.
- The massacre of the unnamed fishing village that triggers the First Slaver War. Even being out of the way and low priority will not save you this makes clear.
- Lyn Corbay's patrol on the border finds the corpses group of escaped slaves who were massacred. The state of the remains makes even Ser Lyn Corbray feel uncomfortable.
- This event triggers the next round of the Slaver Wars.
- Mero and his sellswords crushing the Turtle River Slave Revolt with revolting ease and cruelty. It reminds us of why and how the Magisters world order has stood for so long prior to the events of this story.
- The Battle of Tyrosh introduces us to a new kind of nightmare with brutal naval warfare.
- The Slaver Fleet's trap is this. For the Abolitionists it becomes a major defeat making their sacrifices up to that point All for Nothing. And when the trapped Braavosi hoist the Black Banner(ordering all their fleet members to fight to the death) it becomes one for the slavers facing that Last Stand.
- Everything that happens to the Qohorik Commander after he runs into the mists of the Sorrows alone after the Battle of Chorayne.
- News of Robert's engagement and the Braavosi mustering their fleet, have lead many Tyroshi to feel Your Days Are Numbered.
- Whatever the True Myrish have planned against the Braavosi, it horrifies the Archon of Tyrosh.
- As Robert and Ned's forces advance on Tyrosh, the landowners start killing their slaves to prevent uprisings. In response, the abolitionists show no mercy and slaughter everyone they come across.
- The Night of Flames. With the mainland fallen and an attack on Tyrosh itself clearly coming, the Tyroshi massacre every slave on the island; when many of them flee to barracks and garrisons, the rioters set fire to the buildings and then cut down anyone who escapes the flames. Then they hunt down any who escaped this initial purge and kill them where they find them.
- The response to the massacres of slaves is Pay Unto Evil. First with the Iron Legion purging the Freeborn where they can on the mainland, but shortly Robert eds up endorsing such actions for the pending Battle of Tyrosh. The war amounts to causing two genocides in the Tyroshi territory.
- The Flash Papers describe the severe unease Ser Harry and other experience in the depopulated former city of Tyrosh after the war.
Nightmarefuel / Chasing Dragons