WayV (Chinese: 威神V; wēishénV) is a Chinese boy group created by SM Entertainment in 2019 and managed by the company's China-exclusive label, Label V. The group's original project name was NCT China and is the fourth official sub-unit and China-based unit of the South Korean boy group NCT, composed of seven NCT members of Chinese descent.
Despite the group being a sub-unit of NCT, it is not being promoted as a NCT group, which may stem from tense diplomatic relations between China and South Korea.
- Kun (Qian Kun, born January 1, 1996 in Fujian, China) - Leader, Vocalist
- Ten (Chittaphon Leechaiyapornkulnote , born February 27, 1996 in Bangkok, Thailand) - Dancer, Rapper, Vocalist
- Winwin (Dong Sicheng, born October 28, 1997 in Zhejiang, China) - Dancer, Vocalist
- Lucas (Wong Yukhei, born January 25, 1999 in Hong Kong, China) - Rapper, Vocalist, Dancer
- Xiaojun (Xiao Dejun, born August 8, 1999 in Guangdong, China) - Vocalist, Rapper
- Hendery (Wang Kunhang, born September 28, 1999 in Macau, China) - Dancer, Rapper, Vocalist, Visual
- Yangyang (Liu Yangyang, born October 10, 2000 in Taiwan) - Rapper, Dancer, Vocalist
- The Vision (2019 CHN)
- Take Off (2019 CHN)
- Take Over The Moon (2019 CHN)
- 理所当然 (Regular) (2019 CHN)
- 无翼而飞 (Take Off) (2019 CHN)
- 天选之城 (Moonwalk) (2019 CHN)
- Love Talk (2019 ENG)
- 理所当然 (Regular)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxKIOhAwrik 梦想发射计划 (Dream Launch)]]
- 无翼而飞 (Take Off)
- 天选之城 (Moonwalk)
- Love Talk (English Version)
WayV provides examples of:
- Fun with Foreign Languages: Expect this to happen in any broadcast they appear in (except really formal interviews) and loads of this happens on their social media and Lysn. In one interview, they reveal that they actually talk in mixed languages offcam, with Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, and English being the languages they use the most, while Ten and Lucas speak Thai (Lucas can speak only a little) while Yangyang can speak German.
- Hotter and Sexier: Compare Love Talk to the previous releases Moonwalk and Take Off.
- Officially Shortened Title: The group's Chinese name is 威神V (WeishenV), which is shortened to WayV for international audiences.
- Surprisingly Good English: The English version of Love Talk. Though, it's to be expected, as most of the members are fluent in English.
- Translated Cover Version: The group's debut track is the Chinese version of NCT 127's Regular. Love Talk, one of the B-tracks in Moonwalk, later got an English version.