Country Music singer from Arlington, Texas.
Maren Morris began singing as a preteen and, after releasing a few independent albums, she got her first success in 2014 when she penned Tim McGraw's "Last Turn Home" and Kelly Clarkson's "Second Wind" a year later.
She issued a five-song EP via Spotify in 2015 and due to heavy streaming of the songs, Columbia Records picked her up that year. A tour with Keith Urban ensued, as did her major-label debut album, Hero. Four singles have been released: "My Church", "80s Mercedes", "I Could Use a Love Song", and "Rich". In addition, she was a featured vocalist on Thomas Rhett's 2017 hit "Craving You".
In the midst of all this, she was also the vocalist on Zedd's early-2018 single "The Middle".
She is also a member of "The Highwomen", a group also consist of Brandi Carlile, Natalie Hemby and Amanda Shires
- Hero (2016)
- Girl (2019)
As the Highwomen
- The Highwomen (2019)
Tropes present in her work
- Ac CENT Upon The Wrong Syl L Able: "80s Mercedes" has the line "Just keeps getting sweeter with age / She's classic through any decade."
- Advertised Extra: A barely-noticeable backing vocal on Thomas Rhett's "Craving You".
- Bowdlerise: "Rich" has two examples: "Big-ass pile of dimes" becomes "Big, big pile of dimes", and the line "Shit, I'd be rich" gets a Sound-Effect Bleep in the form of a cash register ding.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Before having any hits of her own, she penned album cuts for Tim McGraw, Kelly Clarkson, Brothers Osborne, and others.
- Heavy Meta: "I Could Use a Love Song" has her asking for a positive song to help her cope with heartbreak.
- If I Had a Nickel: "Rich":If I had a dollar every time that I swore you off
And a twenty every time that I picked up when you called
And a crisp new Benjamin for when you're here then gone again
And a dollar every time I was right about you after all
Boy I'd be rich...
- Product Placement: "My Church" name-drops Sirius XM's "The Highway" channel.
- Shaped Like Itself: In "Rich": "If I had a dime every time that you crossed my mind / Well, I'd basically be sitting on a big-ass pile of dimes."
- Shout Out: "My Church" name-drops "Cold, Cold Heart" by Hank Williams and "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash.
- Signature Style: Her music is notable for the presence of luxury, money and material wealth. "Rich", "80s Mercedes" and "Loose Change" are prominent examples.