An Cafe is a Japanese Oshare Kei pop punk rock band formed in 2003 and signed to Sony Music Japan. Originally a four-piece, the band underwent a lineup change after guitarist Bou left the band in 2007; he was replaced by current guitarist Takuya and later joined by keyboardist Yu-ki. The band has released four full-length studio albums and three EP's before going on hiatus in 2010. They resumed activities on April 2012.
They were part of the second wave of Visual Kei bands, together with The Gazette, Nightmare, Deathgaze, existtrace, Miyavi, and Dir en grey. Their sound is described as "Harajuku Dance Rock" and were one of the early pioneers of the Oshare Kei sub-movement.
- Miku: Vocals
- Kanon: Bass guitar, backing vocals
- Takuya: Guitar
- Teruki: Drums
- Yu-ki: Keyboards
- Bou: Lead guitar (2003-2007)
- Shikisai Moment (2005)
- Magnya Carta (2006)
- Gokutama Rock Cafe (2008)
- BB Parallel World (2009)
- Amedama Rock (2005)
- Ko Akuma Usagi no Koibumi to Machine Gun (2008)
- Harajuku Dance Rock (2009)
- Amazing Blue (2012)
- Antic Cafe (2009)
An Cafe provides examples of:
- Genre Popularizer: Oshare Kei.
- Genre Roulette: They switch between playing radio-friendly dance pop to a slightly edgier punk style and the occasional melodic hardcore sound.
- Lighter and Softer: Than most Visual Kei bands.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Bou.
- Neoclassical Punk Zydeco Rockabilly: They fuse post-hardcore, pop punk, hard rock, and electronic dance music.
- Soprano and Gravel: Miku, in some songs.
- Spiritual Successor: To some, for Oasis and Blur.
- Trope Codifier: Oshare Kei.
- Visual Kei: Part of the second wave of bands. Also pioneered Oshare Kei and the punky, stripped-down post-VK look common in recent bands.