A Pale Horse Named Death is an American gothic metal band that was founded in 2010 by Sal Abruscato of Type O Negative and Life of Agony fame. Their music is commonly described as a mix of both Alice in Chains and Type O Negative.
- Sal Abruscato (vocals, guitars, drums)
- Matt Brown (guitars, bass)
- Eddie Heedles (guitars)
- Dave Bizzigotti (bass)
- Eric Morgan (live bass)
- Johnny Kelly (live drums)
- Bobby Hambel (live guitars)
- 2011 - And Hell Will Follow Me
- 2013 - Lay My Soul to Waste
- Anti-Love Song: "Shallow Grave" is about a guy who eventually snaps and kills his girlfriend.
- Creepy Crows: They show up in "When Crows Descend upon You".
- Deal with the Devil: "Devil Came with a Smile" is about a rock star who sells his soul to the Devil to become rich and famous. Afterwards, he lives a lifestyle filled with hookers, drugs, and the sort. Then it all goes downhill from there.
- Despair Event Horizon: "Die Alone" essentially boils down to this.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: Well, "To Die in Your Arms".
- Drugs Are Bad: "Heroin Train", "Pill Head", and "Devil Came with a Smile" explore this theme.
- Harsh Vocals: Used sparingly. Shows up in "Killer By Night", "Devil Came with a Smile", and "DMSLT", to name a few.
- Murder Ballad: Murder is a recurring theme in their music. Especially prevalent in songs like "Shallow Grave", "Killer by Night", and of course, "Serial Killer".
- Serial Killer: "Serial Killer".
- Sex Drugs And Rock N Roll: The rock star's immediate lifestyle after his Deal with the Devil in "Devil Came with a Smile".
- Spiritual Successor: Some fans consider A Pale Horse Named Death to be this to Type O Negative.
- Things That Go "Bump" in the Night: "Devil in the Closet".