Shima Yoshitsune and Suruga Kaori are "Anything Inc.", an all-purpose person company. They rely on each other greatly: Kaori depending on Shima because he is afraid that his other personality, Kyo, will eventually take over, and Shima on Kaori, because Kaori's smile reminds him of his father's. Shima and Kaori first meet in Volume 1 when they were trying to track down Kaori's stalker. In this case, Shima had to dress as a girl so they could find and stop Kaori's stalker, also known as "Mr. Snowman".
This show provides examples of:
- Ambiguously Bi: APP flirts with Kaori every chance he gets despite the fact he has a very cute female fiance...
- Bifauxnen: One of their cases features a girl who, for all intents and purposes, looked like a boy and it took Kaori feeling something for him to figure it out. Shima on the other hand had to be told, much to his astonishment.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Shinku, a model with a snarky attitude. He's really not so bad, though—he just misses his mother.
- Cool Big Sis: Shizuka, who's literally Kaori's big sister.
- Disguised in Drag: Shima disguises himself as a girl at least three times as part of his investigations... and once in order to win a festival beauty contest for the prize money. Let's face it, the guy looks good in a skirt...
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Shima and Kaori, duh...
- Parental Abandonment: Shima's parents died in an arson attack before the beginning of the story (which resulted in his Why Did It Have to Be Snakes? below), while Kaori's parents are not mentioned.
- Perfectly Arranged Marriage: Between Shuhei/APP and Hotori, despite the former's fears that he isn't good enough for her.
- Replacement Goldfish: One of Shima's clients held him prisoner because he reminded her of her best friend, who had recently been hit by a car and died, and she couldn't bear the thought of the same thing happening to Shima. He eventually convinced her that no one can be replaced, and that it's wrong to try to force someone else to fit that person's role. By the way, her best friend was also her pet dog.
- Split Personality: Kaori and his alter ego, Kyo, whom he created to help him cope with his modeling career.
- Stepford Smiler: Kaori.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Shima is afraid of fire to the point where he all but passes out every time he so much as sees a flicker.