Fairy Girls (labeled in trades as Fairy Tail's Fairy Girls) is a spin-off manga from Fairy Tail drawn by a mangaka simply known as "BOKU".
The series (spanning 4 volumes) focuses on the female members of the Fairy Tail guild, specifically Lucy, Erza, Juvia and Wendy with occasional inclusions from Cana, Levy and Mirajane as they have their own separate misadventures.
- (Vol 1): Apparently taking place after the Grand Magic Games Arc; Lucy, Wendy, Erza and Juvia decide to tour the town of Crocus to help cheer Juvia up after Gray rejects one of her usual advances. After getting into some shenanigans, the boy who acted as their tour guide requests they look into a matter at the castle as his father, one of the royal guard, was attacked within it while doing his rounds and he doesn't know where to turn to. The girls take the request and find themselves facing a dark guild, Raven Goblin, who has designs of taking over the kingdom.
- (Vol 2): The girls head off to a spa resort but find out its a trap to siphon their magic. After which, a new girl joins the guild claiming to be a big fan of Wendy and wants Wendy to take her under her wing. However, naturally, all isn't as it seems.
- (Vol 3): Cana ropes the girls into a hosting job to help find a kidnapper, which forces all of them to dress like men to catch the culprit. Then the girls go to help out Mermaid Heel when some of it's members are indisposed. In the midst of this is yet another new member claiming to help to want to help. Naturally she turns out to be an enemy mage with designs on kidnapping Mermaid Heel to sell to slavery, forcing the Fairy Girls to get involved. Afterward they help a baby find his parents and investigate a spectral panty thief at a all girls school.
- (Vol 4): The final volume sees the Fairy Girls wrapped up in a corporate conspiracy when a freelance reporter hires them to investigate a shady business. Next, the boy who got the girls involved in the first volume's adventure asks Wendy for help with a practice date. After which, the girls finds themselves working security for two up and coming idols and trying to stop a mad bomber after their lives. And finally, Lucy ends up taking care of Erza, Wendy, and Juviva when the latter three fall sick.
Fairy Girls has the following tropes:
- A Day in the Spotlight: Focuses on four the main girls of Team Natsu. Vol 2 is specifically more Wendy focused.
- All Just a Dream: In the final chapter, Erza, Juvia and Wendy seems to fall so ill that it becomes lethal with Juvia giving her final words to Lucy. Lucy gives out a Big "NO!"...until the girls wake her up, revealing that she had fallen asleep after putting them to bed and assure her they're fine. It was just a common cold after all.
- Arc Villain: Raven Goblin, a guild made up of dark inventors in the first volume.
- Bears Are Bad News: Risa, one of the Raven Goblin researchers, uses a teddy bear suit.
- Blow You Away: Lucia and Roden, the Raven Goblin research sisters, use giant fans as their main attack.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: The girls vs Dark Mirror, a guild that goes around impersonating famous guild (in this case Fairy Tail) and extorting money. Erza takes out the leader instantly as he's gloating and it goes downhill for the poor schmucks from there.
- Did Not Think This Through: When the girls get on the ship and finds themselves facing a sister duo of Raven Goblin. Said sisters use their fan and a sticky gel to keep them at bay then trying to send their henchmen to attack them. Only to realize their henchmen were caught up in the wind attack too.
- Evil Is Petty: The bombers in the fourth volume explained they're tried to kill Prin and Lane...simply because they feel they stopped noticing them. Even Ezra tells them there's a limit to how entitled a fan can get.
- Having a Blast: Damue, the first member of the Raven Goblin the girls encounter, uses a suit to send explosions in every direction. He claims it's the ultimate offense as it has no blind spot. Until Lucy and Leo prove him wrong by attacking his unguarded head from above.
- No-Sell: Risa uses pheromones of his teddy bear suit to get the girl to fall for him. Juvia, however, is able to snap out of it as she comments she finds Gray cuter.
- Spanner in the Works: The Fairy Girls constantly, a lot of their jobs they more or less just stumble upon because one of their new friends just happened to be connected to the criminals crimes in some form or another. Leading to them stopping their plans just as they're about to take off.
- Spot the Imposter:
- Dark Mirror, a guild that likes to impersonate famous guild and scare people for money. Outside of clothing, they don't even look anything like the people they try to play as.
- The girls run into whom they think is the king in the first volime. It's actually one of the Raven Goblin member impersonating him.
- Too Dumb to Live: Dark Mirror trying to fight against the girls despite knowing about their reputation of the Fairy Tail guild. Guess how well that goes?
- Title Drop: The final chapter has Mirajane mentioning that since the girls do so many jobs together, they've gain the moniker of "Fairy Girls" from the townspeople who took notice.