On the crescent-shaped island of Nantucket in the 1960s lives Seiji, a young Japanese artist. This heartwarming story is about his daily life and interactions with the people there.
As for the plot: Nothing much happens.
Chibisa Date is a manga written and illustrated by Hidekaz Himaruya, which was serialized from 2009 to 2013 (starting out in Comic Birz, but later moving to Comic Spica in 2010) and compiled into four volumes.
Chibisan Date contains examples of:
- All There in the Manual: Sujanta and Rocket have only appeared on the author's blog.
- Bishōnen: Every male character.
- The Blank: The girl in chapter three is drawn without a face for the most of it, except till the end.
- Hollywood New England: The setting is mainly on Nantucket Island, just off the coast from Massachusetts. Which some might also recognize as America's ahoge.
- Genki Girl: Margaret. Of course, Candy has her moments.
- Girlish Pigtails: Chibisan has them, which just bumps up the cuteness factor a couple more notches.
- Most Artists Are Artists: The main character, Seiji, is an artist, and so is everyone else. (Suehiro makes pottery, Maragret likes to write, etc.)
- Those Two Guys: Darwit and Artan
- Token Mini-Moe: The series' mascot, Chibisan.
- Tomboy: Word Of God states that Margaret is one of these.
- Secondary Character Title: Despite the title, Seiji is the real main character; Chibisan is more of a mascot than anything.
- Series Mascot: Chibisan
- Spell My Name with an S: Minor. Chibi-san Date or Chibisan-Date or Chibisan Date? Even the official spellings are inconsistent.
- The Stoic: Suehiro-san doesn't have many facial expressions.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: Yuriko.