This man was born on May 8, 1985, in Fukushima, Japan. He attended art college in New York, and his experiences there brought about the brainchild that is Hetalia: Axis Powers. He is the creator of other works as well, such as Chibisan Date and Susume Kitakou Housoubu.
Hidekaz Himaruya is associated with the following tropes:
- All There in the Manual: His blog, Bamboo Thicket, is where a lot of extras like doodles or character designs go.
- Approval of God: He's notably open with his fans regarding his work.
- Art Evolution: His art has become much less angular throughout the years. And his ears and hands aren't as big.
- Bilingual Bonus: He is very good at English, and seems to know Chinese as well.
- Doing It for the Art: The guy's dedication to both his works and fanbase ought to count for something. That he's also pretty open to letting said fans have their way with his work may also count.
- Fan Nickname: Himapapa, among others. Most involving Japanese Honorifics or something to do with being a Troll. "Himalaya", too.
- He's Back: The general reaction to both Volume 5 of Hetalia and Himaruya's "return."
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Most of his extra drawings/sketches/comics involve cats, not dogs.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: His pet bunny and tends to take pictures of bunnies. He even draws them in his own comics.