How can a creation be called a "success"? Different people have different opinions, but in general, they can be split off into:
- Commercial success: It manages to at least cover up the production costs, if not more.
- Critical success: Critics deem the work as great.
- Fan success: The fans like the work.
- Demographic success: it manages to succeed in pleasing the target demographic.
- Outer demographic success: it manages to please people outside of the demographic.
- Multiple demographic success: If the work manages both of the above.
And, as one saying puts it, "you can't please everyone". Same goes with doing any kind of creation.
So naturally, any kind of creations can succeed in one place, but become a flop in another.
- Acclaimed Flop
- A Hero to His Hometown
- Alien Arts Are Appreciated
- Americans Hate Tingle
- Better on DVD
- Creator Backlash
- Critical Dissonance
- Cross-Cultural Kerfluffle
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff
- Magnum Opus Dissonance
- Mexicans Love Speedy Gonzales
- Never Accepted in His Hometown
- Periphery Demographic
- Periphery Hatedom
- Sleeper Hit
- Vindicated by Cable
- Vindicated by History
- Vindicated by Reruns