Alice Bell grew up believing that her father was crazy for telling stories of soul-sucking monsters that only he can see. But when her father, mother and younger sister die in a car crash on her sixteenth birthday, she learns that he was not crazy, and these monsters are real. To avenge her family, Alice will kill every one of these zombies.
The books in the series are:
- Alice in Zombieland (2012)
- Through the Zombie Glass (2013)
- The Queen of Zombie Hearts (2014)
- A Mad Zombie Party (2015)
This series provides examples of:
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Even when Kat tells Alice that Cole Holland is dangerous and not somebody to hang out with, Alice is attracted to him.
- Astral Projection: When they exhibit faith, the slayers can force their souls out of their bodies so they can kill the zombies in the spiritual realm.
- Icy Blue Eyes: Frosty.
- Invisible to Normals: Zombies can only be seen by a few people. Some of these people have this ability from birth, while others gain it after a traumatic incident.
- Kill It with Fire: The only way to end the zombies for good. In the spirit realm, a slayer can summon white fire in their hands which is used to "ash" the zombies.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Boots, Bronx, Ducky, Frosty
- Our Zombies Are Different: Instead of walking corpses that eat human flesh, these zombies are infected spirits that hunger for human souls and exist in the spiritual realm, not the natural world.
- Fire Purifies: The fire from a slayer's hands is the only way to truly end a zombie.
- At the end of Through the Zombie Glass, the slayers use their fire to kill "Zombie Ali."
- Spirit World: Where the zombies exist, and the only place they can be killed.