Return of the Reaper—not to be confused with the album by Grave Digger—is an epic fantasy novel by Chilean author Juan Dougnac. It tells the story of the Reaper, the demon king who reigned over most of Creation, having enslaved all who opposed him, only to be stabbed in the back by Death in the Wind, his most trusted lieutenant. But he was not up to the task of governing over the seven greater demons who commanded the Reapers' legions, and soon civil war ensued, giving the enslaved races a chance to revolt, killing all demons until only Death in the Wind and the Seven remained. Knowing their time had passed, they entered a death-like slumber.
Now the Reaper has returned, and both him and Death in the Wind are hurrying to awaken the Seven, knowing full well that only their allegiance will decide the fate of Creation.
It can be read here: https://www.authonomy.com/book/47475/
This novel provides examples of:
- Action Girl: General Moira, terror of the fae and one of the few people ever capable of bringing down a Nightmare Beast (i.e. a wyvern) by herself.
- Action Survivor: Holtz. Almost killed while fleeing his Doomed Home Town, he gets rescued and trained by one of the deadliest creatures in the world. This last until he drinks Beast's blood, after which it's a case of Took a Level in Badass
- Authority Equals Asskicking: both the Reaper and the Doomed King.
- Doomed Hometown : Holtz's home city, along with pretty much every other human city in the novel.
- Dying Moment of Awesome: the Blood Sultan and the Wise One, sacrificing themselves to finish off the Vermin Lord. Also, Holtz thinks he's doing this when he drinks Beast's blood.
- The Juggernaut: Beast.
- Low Fantasy: We see little to no magic, except that of the demons and angels.