Kailani, brilliant and naïve, thinks shes being sent to a college prep school for exceptional teenagers.
Jamian, who seems so normal, is just worried that in the close quarters of the underground boarding school, his secret will come out.
Addergoole is a contemporary fantasy Web Serial Novel with erotic, dark-fantasy and Fractured Fairy Tale elements. The link is to the SFW first page. Some other pages will have NSFW content. You Have Been Warned.
Tropes in this work include:
- Adam and Eve Plot: Dr. Regine designed the breeding project aspect of the school as a way to reverse the slow attrition of the pureblood Ellehemaei from weakening bloodlines, among other things.
- Being Tortured Makes You Evil: Many, if not most, of the antagonists at the school are so because they were twisted by previous - purportedly much worse - students.
- Boarding School of Horrors: Addergoole is a boarding school for faeries who've been raised human. There's mind control built into the walls. Slavery and rape are encouraged. The older kids are geased to not tell the new kids anything until it's too late, and a lot of them don't want to warn them anyway. The whole school is a training version of faerie society.
- Crapsack World
- Even the Guys Want Him: Lots of examples, but Joff the incubus is a good one.
- Everybody Has Lots of Sex: Encouraged by the school administration. It helps make sure people get pregnant.
- Everybody Wants the Hermaphrodite: Jamian is considered very attractive and sought-after by the fellow students. And, to some extent, so is Ty/a. Jamian's attractiveness is in part due to Changing into a pure-blooded Daeva, though, but being a hermaphrodite is still portrayed as a Highly Desirable Trait.
- Evilutionary Biologist: Dr. Regine Avonmorea, designer of the Addergoole School and breeding project.
- The Fair Folk: All of the Ellehemaei are conceptually based on the Faerie, especially their being bound by their word and certain "allergies" to traditionally faerie-repellent plants - though interestingly enough, not to Cold Iron.
- Functional Magic: The Ellehemaei are able to use magical Words in spells called Workings, which have direct and immediate effects on the world.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Most of the Ellehemaei are "halfbreeds" - they have human ancestry weakening their magical faerie genetics.
- Hot Teacher: All of them. Well, maybe not Akatil.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Tolly and Agatha
- Ice Queen: Shahin. Literally.
- Little Bit Beastly: Faerie awakening comes with a physical change. For quite a few, this includes animal features.
- Meaningful Name: Everyone has a name that reflects their nature or destiny in some way, and upon adulthood they're given descriptive names as well.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Dragons are evil, shapeshifting faeries who eat people.
- Puberty Superpower: The Ellehemaei Change into their true form and power after completing puberty.
- Shapeshifter Default Form: Prof. Vanderlinden is almost always in one of two forms: male, or female, both based on their original "human" appearance.
- Teens Are Monsters: This is pretty much the entire school and most of the plot in a nutshell.
- Wrong Guy First: Kailani, Taro and Conrad. Taro's the wrong guy.