A Checkered History takes place in a fantasy world known as Aegeroth, and follows the thief Drivena as she tries to recover a stolen amulet to get out of the crosshairs of a local gang. Local guardsman Davi is pulled into things to when it is revealed a group known as the Checkered Knights are involved, and the pair are joined by a third member in Zambor, a Sorceress with unknown motivations. The series has started releasing in 2018, and is serialized with the promise of new chapters coming later.
[Aegeroth: A Checkered History] contains examples of:
- Amazing Technicolor Population: The different species of Aegeroth come in all sorts of colors. The tajkin are turquoise, albaz are "sickly green," dwergaz are chalky white, and whatever Zambor is are extremely pale white.
- Bizarre Alien Reproduction: Checkered Knights lay their eggs in the neck stubs of their decapitated victims.
- Cheating with the Milkman: An unnamed noblewoman admits to sleeping with the house's clock delivery boy.
- Conspiracy Theorist: It is hinted at that Davi might be one, as it is mentioned that he gets in trouble with the chief of police for some of his outlandish ideas.
- Festering Fungus: Zambor has strands of mycelium sprouting from her face, which apparently has split her nose in two. No one in universe brings attention to it, though.
- Fighter, Mage, Thief: Davi is a police officer, Zambor is a sorceress, and Drivena is a thief.
- Our Dwarves Are All the Same: Our dwarves use the germanic name, and have chalky white skin and statue like features. There is also no mention of them being short.
- Outlaw Couple: Kajulan and Tekol are one, making out in the middle of an interrogation, much to the chagrin of there captive and fellow gang members.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Checkered Knights Telvin and Gedjind are blue and red, respectively, with telvin calculated and calm and Gedjind passionate and angry.
- Sticky Fingers: Over the course of the story, Drivena has stolen a seemingly worthless amulet, a pen, and carrot tufts.