Extensions to the Evil Overlord List. They're written by the editors here, so don't expect sanity, but (1) do expect at least a modicum of intelligence, and (2) don't assume that tropers are quite as genre aware as you expect them to be.
Be sure to read the original Evil Overlord List (including Cellblock A and Cellblock B), before adding to this list. See also The Universal Genre Savvy Guide, which contains tips for other archetypal villains, or TV Tropes Additional Hero Vows for the Good Counterpart. See also Defied Trope.
As part of a cleanup project, we will instate some rules for quality control:
- Keep entries short and concise, much like the original Evil Overlord Lists. Each entry should only be about 1-2 lines long, not paragraph length! Too many details will bore readers.
- All sub-pages will be kept to a maximum of a hundred entries each.
- Do not add Natter about why an entry won't work or how you would do it. This is not "Evil Overlord Vows: the Forum Thread".
- The purpose of the Evil Overlord List is to teach a villain how to be more Genre Savvy, and lead his minions to victory over the heroes. Please keep everything relevant to this subject!
- Don't focus too much on giving the villain good PR by being a bit nicer. Take it too far, and you'll make them seem like a good guy.
- Don't just add things villains have done that annoy you unless they're actually counterproductive to the Evil Scheme.
- Also please do not duplicate and repeat any entry, you must try to be as original as possible.
Looks like there are so many savvy tropers that we had to split the page! Please take a detour to one of the lovely cellblocks below:
- Cellblock A
- Cellblock B
- Cellblock C
- Cellblock D
- Cellblock E
- Cellblock F
- Cellblock G
- Cellblock H
- Cellblock I
- Cellblock J
- Cellblock K
- Cellblock L
- Cellblock M
- Cellblock N
- Cellblock O
- Cellblock P
- Cellblock Q
- The Evil Empress List, a nice addition for women wanting to break into the Evil Overlord business.
- Five Leadership Mistakes of the Galactic Empire, a Forbes article on Star Wars.